Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

anyone have any dealings with this outfit? I noticed that their was a talk done by them on the events page. they are close by where I am but I am put off by the fact that their website alarms my virus protection system when I log on. Anybody know anything about them??

Views: 282

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Averan and Harold!  I especially love the parasite vs symbiotic relationships - perfect analogy!

What I find especially sad is that some of the Parasites seem to have actually spawned a second generation who might actually want to help people and perhaps even think they are doing something good though they are quite frankly still clueless and yet producing "educational materials" for sale to make a buck while supposedly saving the planet.

It is great when people take the time to have a search around and ask questions before being sucked in so it is wonderful that there are places like this for that to happen. (Thank you Sylvia.)

Very well stated - from beginning to end-

Harold Sukhbir said:

Hi Sylvia,

I'm sure you started up with the intention of helping others educating them about AP and this naturally grew into assisting them with hardware items etc. Your genuine intention of helping is what I'm referring to. These "aqua-shysters" are simply greedy people with driven self interest and have absolutely no concern for others whatsoever, they couldn't care less how many people they have to hurt to satisfy themselves. I especially like the good bad and the ugly, attempting to protect people from these scams. So we are both saying the same thing. Personally i consider myself very fortunate to be guided to this site and to have met a great bunch of caring people, which is a very rare thing in this world today!

Their newsletter they just sent out today announces that they will be launching a new website with access to more information based on a subscription model.  What cracks me up is that at the end of the newsletter they try to sell these insane high-heel shoes with micro fish tanks in the soles with fish in them!!  I think the fish are plastic, but still what a crazy gimmick, trying to sell this kind of crap.

I am SO going to wear those at the aquaponics conference!

Hi Growzay,

Good to know what's really up! There are people on this site(you'll know them as they are always helping others) who have helped me for the past year and are always ready to do so and the funny thing is money has never been in this equation whatsoever! Here its never been about who knows more or who is smarter than who, its always been about how can we help each other. I know I'm probably not going to find this anywhere else! I do know that we won't need to ever hold these "shysters" accountable as they reap a reward by their own actions! We can make ourselves happy or we can bring ourselves a great deal of pain, the choice is freely available to everyone.

Growzay said:

Very well stated - from beginning to end-

Harold Sukhbir said:

Hi Sylvia,

I'm sure you started up with the intention of helping others educating them about AP and this naturally grew into assisting them with hardware items etc. Your genuine intention of helping is what I'm referring to. These "aqua-shysters" are simply greedy people with driven self interest and have absolutely no concern for others whatsoever, they couldn't care less how many people they have to hurt to satisfy themselves. I especially like the good bad and the ugly, attempting to protect people from these scams. So we are both saying the same thing. Personally i consider myself very fortunate to be guided to this site and to have met a great bunch of caring people, which is a very rare thing in this world today!

HAhahahahaha. I'm still laughing Sylvia

Sylvia Bernstein said:
I am SO going to wear those at the aquaponics conference!
We wouldn't expect anything less!  :D
LOL, think they would make a hat to go with the shoes?  My feet won't bend to go into heals anymore so I can't do those.
I'm picturing a contest at the conference where whoever wear's the craziest fish accessory wins...
This could get pretty scary
OK OK buy the Damn "Aquaponic Shoes" just don't get sucked in to buying his kit or anything else for that matter!! 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service