Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

http://worldtruth.tv/usda-forces-whole-foods-to-accept-monsanto/

I applaud Whole Foods willingness to "coexist" in exchange for regulation reform, because GE is an important technology we should embrace for the future. It is a shame that it is being misused and has such a bad rap, because our consumptive nature as humans can't "coexist" with out GMOs.

Views: 824

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well some studies coming out are not looking that good for GMO ... but I suppose if one encouraging depopulation ..add some chemtrails ... frack for gas .....

http://www.naturalnews.com/037249_GMO_study_cancer_tumors_organ_dam...

http://www.ijbs.com/v05p0706.htm

But there are some encouraging things going on ..

http://www.naturalnews.com/039766_rice_farming_organic_agriculture_...

http://sri.ciifad.cornell.edu/

These guys seem like they might be fun at a party...(check out some of the different articles of your interest)...http://www.etcgroup.org/content/etc-group-brief-history

I don't even know how to respond to this.

LOL Vlad, no kidding. I'm about to ask a serious question. I'm not making fun, scoffing at or attacking anyone. But for those who are for population reduction: Are you willing to lay your own life on the line to reduce the population? Unless I see things incorrectly, the only way to be completely consistent with that worldview and to not be corrupt or cowardly by taking the lives of others for your own gain is to literally commit suicide in an attempt to reduce numbers. It's a dangerous concept to be playing around with and personally I would seriously consider the implications of such an notion before accepting that idea.


Vlad Jovanovic said:

Wow! Thanks George...I just now caught that. "Population reduction"...My, now this is getting interesting...

I don't suppose by any chance that white, preferably anglo saxon, folks will get to decide how to go about both doin' the 'reducing'...and what particular populations will have to be "reduced" do 'ya? 

If not, then that option might not all of a sudden be so "attractive" 

I feel like I should add a disclaimer to my posts on this thread:

The views expressed in these and any following comments posted by community member "ALEX VEIDEL"  are solely those of the individual and do not in anyway reflect the beliefs or opinions of the moderators or aquaponics community at large

:)

I agree with you Roger in that technology that helps us produce more food and is safe and ethical should be embraced. Like you said, GMO's are being misused (unethical). They also haven't been proven to be safe (in fact, there is evidence of the contrary). They also just straight up DON'T WORK. There is no proof of increased yields, nor has anything surfaced to make them eligible to be even remotely considered for our future. I feel like scientists have created a toy that no one wants and are trying to force it upon the population because they are just having too much fun with the idea. Just because you can make a glow-in-the-dark pig and are proud of the fact does not mean that you have a right to build a successful business around it. Build a store if you like, but give me a reason to shop there first.

Why should we embrace something that hasn't proven itself worthy to be embraced? It's not that I'm against the words "genetically modified organism". But I'm not going to board a ship before its built. Built it and test it first. And I am NOT going to board a ship that has been tested and is sinking!! Let me know when science builds a seaworthy vessel that has been tried and proven and you will have my FULL SUPPORT!!!

These guys are golden...http://www.vhemt.org/aboutvhemt.htm#vhemt if not one of the more blatantly humorous off-shoots of the Church of Euthanasia. http://www.churchofeuthanasia.org/coefaq.html ...because...you know, it's up to all of us to pitch in any way we can 

Alex Veidel said:

LOL Vlad, no kidding. I'm about to ask a serious question. I'm not making fun, scoffing at or attacking anyone. But for those who are for population reduction: Are you willing to lay your own life on the line to reduce the population? Unless I see things incorrectly, the only way to be completely consistent with that worldview and to not be corrupt or cowardly by taking the lives of others for your own gain is to literally commit suicide in an attempt to reduce numbers. It's a dangerous concept to be playing around with and personally I would seriously consider the implications of such an notion before accepting that idea.


Vlad Jovanovic said:

Wow! Thanks George...I just now caught that. "Population reduction"...My, now this is getting interesting...

I don't suppose by any chance that white, preferably anglo saxon, folks will get to decide how to go about both doin' the 'reducing'...and what particular populations will have to be "reduced" do 'ya? 

If not, then that option might not all of a sudden be so "attractive" 

Would not birth control be a much better way?

Alex Veidel said:

LOL Vlad, no kidding. I'm about to ask a serious question. I'm not making fun, scoffing at or attacking anyone. But for those who are for population reduction: Are you willing to lay your own life on the line to reduce the population? Unless I see things incorrectly, the only way to be completely consistent with that worldview and to not be corrupt or cowardly by taking the lives of others for your own gain is to literally commit suicide in an attempt to reduce numbers. It's a dangerous concept to be playing around with and personally I would seriously consider the implications of such an notion before accepting that idea.


Vlad Jovanovic said:

Wow! Thanks George...I just now caught that. "Population reduction"...My, now this is getting interesting...

I don't suppose by any chance that white, preferably anglo saxon, folks will get to decide how to go about both doin' the 'reducing'...and what particular populations will have to be "reduced" do 'ya? 

If not, then that option might not all of a sudden be so "attractive" 

Hey, maybe GMO's are Natures "population-check", slowly killing those who eat poorly first?

A few more links in order that you can make and educated decsion.



GM Corn Varieties on Mammalian Health:
http://biolsci.org/v05p0706.htm#headi...

GMOs are killing the Bees:
http://goo.gl/fFiCL

Monsanto's GMO Corn Linked To Organ Failure:
http://goo.gl/PHGki

Union Of Concerned Scientists have some excellent reports and resources:
http://ucsusa.org/food_and_agriculture/

Failure to Yield: their investigation into the biotechnology industry's claims that GM will produce higher yields
http://goo.gl/mvVTD

Gone to Seed: investigation into contamination of traditional seeds by Genetically Engineered crops:
http://goo.gl/mSsEU

Institute on Responsible Technology- have consumer guides to avoiding GMOs, lists of ingredients that have a high likelihood of genetic modification.
http://responsibletechnology.org

Non GMO Shopping Guide
http://nongmoshoppingguide.com/SG/Hom...

Patent for a Pig:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4-ouf_gmA5o

Killing off our farmers:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OJcZLXX39KA

http://gmo-global-alert.net French researchers secretly studied, for two years, 200 rats fed with transgenic maize. Tumors, serious disorders... full-fledged slaughter. And a bomb for the GMO industry.

Toxin from GMO crops detected in Canadian Blood: http://whynotnews.eu/?p=1057 & http://goo.gl/qyRQT

If you are against GMO, Rate, Fav, Comment, Share, Tweet, Facebook, Digg it:
http://digg.com/d31GVGH

Tell Congress to Support Labeling and Safety Testing of GE Foods! It takes less than 1 min:
http://ga3.org/campaign/Label_GE_Food

Sure Bob, practicing various birth control methods will undoubtedly help a bit, but lets look at that option a bit more closely...For someone to use most any type of birth control, that person would need to posses at least a modicum of certain character traits. Things like the ability to reason, plan ahead, take responsibility for one's own actions/choices...they also need to be able to come to terms with the fact that, at times, their quest for sexual gratification may be inconvenienced by their conscious choice to use birth control methods, as well as be prepared to take on some additional financial expenditures that such a 'responsible decision' might entail. (i.e buying condoms or birth control pills and using them as intended...and regularly etc)...

Such a person doesn't seem to fit Roger's grim description of the 'larger portion of the human population'...So what we'd probably end up with is something akin to the opening scene of "Idiocracy" ...http://www.videobash.com/video_show/idiocracy-intro-245281

I agree with Alex...we should "start at home" so to say...the Church of Euthanasia links, provide some wonderful reading material to help fortify ones decision, should they decide to actually do something about these problems we have on the planet.

I'm not saying birth control is a bad idea or anything...just that it probably wont be a very effective stand alone strategy in reducing the overall human population...plus it would probably reduce a portion of the population (character traits) that you probably do want around...that is...as long as said birth control methods were entirely voluntary...anything other than "voluntary" would seem a bit fascistic and would be a hard sell... 

hmmm...maybe GMO's are the answer after all...IDK... but I bet the wealthy and affluent consume many times less products containing GMO's and in less quantities (judging from the price of Organic food and Organic products, and various consumer survey reports)...IDK... I bet that you can potentially (and eventually) do all kinds of 'neat' stuff with transgenic technologies...



Bob Terrell said:

Would not birth control be a much better way?

Alex Veidel said:

LOL Vlad, no kidding. I'm about to ask a serious question. I'm not making fun, scoffing at or attacking anyone. But for those who are for population reduction: Are you willing to lay your own life on the line to reduce the population? Unless I see things incorrectly, the only way to be completely consistent with that worldview and to not be corrupt or cowardly by taking the lives of others for your own gain is to literally commit suicide in an attempt to reduce numbers. It's a dangerous concept to be playing around with and personally I would seriously consider the implications of such an notion before accepting that idea.


Vlad Jovanovic said:

Wow! Thanks George...I just now caught that. "Population reduction"...My, now this is getting interesting...

I don't suppose by any chance that white, preferably anglo saxon, folks will get to decide how to go about both doin' the 'reducing'...and what particular populations will have to be "reduced" do 'ya? 

If not, then that option might not all of a sudden be so "attractive" 

No doubt.  First though, insulin to control diabetes and one or two bypass surgeries, followed by death.  You know, I was looking at this entirely the wrong way.  People much smarter than me are already working on it.


Jon Parr said:

Hey, maybe GMO's are Natures "population-check", slowly killing those who eat poorly first?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service