Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

I found this diagram helpful when explaining the nitrification cycle. Hope it is some use for y'all.

Views: 1742

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good diagram, I like it. (Though most AP systems avoid the Denitrification part, it is good to know about.)
good stuff, but geez you guys are scare'n me :P
I'm with you Sylvia. I just like pretty piktchers.

Sylvia Bernstein said:
good stuff, but geez you guys are scare'n me
Better, but perhaps too simple. I'd love to see a happy medium between the two. You seem to have a library of these, Chi. Got any more?
Help, I dropped out of chemistry (as if I could still remember it now after 20 years as a stagehand)
Perhaps we need some If ____ Then____ tables :)

Sylvia Bernstein said:
Better, but perhaps too simple. I'd love to see a happy medium between the two. You seem to have a library of these, Chi. Got any more?

Kobus I think this information will very necessary and useful for any type of Ap system design. Normally we design first and then try to "cope" with emerging parameters. Was wondering about the fish food affecting the final equation though?
Kobus Jooste said:
You will not find anything that perfectly fits. We do not have the same "origins" for the Nitrogen, and stop everything in the cycle after nitrification is complete (or try to). If you give me a day or two, I'll produce a diagram that highlights AP Nitrogen cycle together with the other issues such as DO and buffering capacity to help people get a grip of the central chemistry of Aquaponics.

Chi Ma said:

Sylvia Bernstein said:
Wow, that graph really spells it out doesn't it?
Useful info to have access to when cycling up systems. I do hope however, that people are not normally running their systems such that they need to be worrying about toxic ammonia levels on a daily basis. As in, I hope the ammonia readings are down near 0 for most of us on a regular basis.

Chi Ma said:
Kobus... .sorry for taking your time......how do i get in touch with sylvia bernstein...
i cant find her email......
i want to ask her the name of her husband's company.....forgot it...
thanks.
d.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service