Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Hey all,

All of my tomatoes in my large media based system have somehow contracted a horrible disease in which all of the new growth is extremely stunted and showing signs of chlorosis around the edges. They basically quit growing at this point and I am forced to pull them out. I shut the system down for 3 weeks and took all the plants out but left all of the water in the system. Cleaned everything down with bleach, started it up again and have planted a new batch of tomatoes, of which some are already beginning to show signs of the disease.

The system is less than a year old, I have 6 4'x8' beds that are filled with 3/4" basalt. They are fed by a 600 gallon fish tank heavily stocked with tilapia. It is in a heavily landscaped area with many imported trees. We are just coming into our summer months and for us in the tropics, that means high heat and humidity. 

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Mat

Views: 221

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Are the tomatoes from seed or did you buy them?

Better you must read the different types articles about the plant related.I heard some resources like best essay writing service,internet are providing the different types articles about the tomato.Before starting the planting you must read the instructions and information.

Hi , i have the same problem here in french polynesia, i restarted two times and same think, the rest of my system is doing fine with cucumber, salad, herbs, even water melon, and nobody can help here for that, everyboday it's a general diseas but nobody are trying to do something, so please help guys if somebody has an idea, thanks.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service