Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Good day All,

A quick question, has anyone attended Nelson and Pade's Aquaponics courses?  I am a graduate student at University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL)  Doctor of Plant Health Program and I will be taking their Introduction to Aquaponics course come spring 2014 at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point for college credit and would like some input on their program, in addition if there are other accredited college programs in aquaponics or interships, I would sure like to hear about them as well.

thanks for your time.

Kenny Roche'

Views: 235

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Kenny: I attended a 3-day Master Class through Nelson & Pade about a year ago. http://aquaponics.com/page/classes-and-seminars.  The workshop was a great learning experience for me.  I explored a number of workshops, but chose the Nelson & Pade course because of their reputability and long-standing experience in the commercial side of aquaponics.  I am a visual learner and the hands-on activities helped solidify things in my mind.

Because I’m interested in starting a commercial operation, I found the Nelson & Pade course to be a perfect fit.  The information presented was science-based yet business focused.  I think that it's a great course for anyone looking for a broad overview of aquaponic production, and especially valuable if you're considering a business venture.

Regarding the “Introduction to Aquaponics” course through UW-Stevens Point, I'm considering taking that as well.  I have a friend who took it this past Spring, and found it to be very informative and cost-effective.  The online convenience is also nice.  I don’t know of any other accredited program in aquaponics.  

In addition to the Nelson & Pade course, I attended a 5-day program through the University of Arizona this past April.  It provided extensive insights into hydroponics and controlled-climate agriculture, and included a half-day of aquaponics education, plus a full day of tours.  I'd recommend looking into that one as well.

-Nik

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service