Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

I have found that my aquaponics system has had very few pest problems. I think this is in part due to the health of the plants in my system and that I have planted several plants that attract beneficial insects in my garden. I have also taken care to provide habitats for the ultimate insect assasins in South Florida - Lizards. What do you do to mitigate pests big and small in your aquaponics systems? Raccoons, whitefly, aphids etc. 

Views: 276

Replies to This Discussion

Here is a list of some of the herbs that have flowers that are known to attract beneficial insects: Dill (Anethum graveolens) annual; Cilantro/Coriander (Coriandrum sativum) annual; Queen Ann’s lace (Daucus carota var. carota) annual; Basil (Ocimum basilicum) annual; Alyssum (Lobularia maritime) winter annual; Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare) perennial; Yarrow (Achillea millefolium) perennial; Garlic chives (Allium tuberosum), Anise hyssop (Agastache foeniculum) annual; Lovage (Levisticum officinale) perennial; Angelica (Angelica archangelica) biennial; Parsley (Petroselinum crispum) biennial; Tansy (Tanacetum vulgare) biennial; Cosmos (Cosmos bipinnatus) annual; Mints (Mentha spp.) perennial.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service