Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Hi can anyone see any gremlins in this system, I am think now of using timer with pumps instead of auto-syphons has anay one tried this? Any advice re pumps for 1300 litre capacity with 1.5 metre head?

thanks for your help x

Views: 115

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you use pump on a timer, you will need a pump about 4 times as big as if you were pumping constantly and using auto siphons since you will need to pump all the water needed in about 15 minutes of each hour instead of constant pumping.

If the fish tank is 1300 liters then you need a pump that will move 1300 liters per hour at that height if pumping constantly.

If doing timed flood and drain you will need a pump that will move at least 5200 liters per hour at that height.

off hand I'm not sure which pumps to recommend since I'm not sure what is available over in the UK.  I can tell you I've had good results with the Quiet One 4000 pumps here and that is probably what I would recommend to you for the constant pump application.  When I go much larger than the Quiet One 4000 I usually switch to the Danner line of mag drive pumps for my higher pressure/flow applications where I'm not ready to go all the way to an inline pump.

Thank you so much for that, it was very helpful as I was just about to order the pump. I don't know those brands but have just ordered a fish mate 4000, which I think ticks all boxes and has a three year guarantee. The company have been very helpful with another pump I have too. Kind regards

Tina

TCLynx said:

If you use pump on a timer, you will need a pump about 4 times as big as if you were pumping constantly and using auto siphons since you will need to pump all the water needed in about 15 minutes of each hour instead of constant pumping.

If the fish tank is 1300 liters then you need a pump that will move 1300 liters per hour at that height if pumping constantly.

If doing timed flood and drain you will need a pump that will move at least 5200 liters per hour at that height.

off hand I'm not sure which pumps to recommend since I'm not sure what is available over in the UK.  I can tell you I've had good results with the Quiet One 4000 pumps here and that is probably what I would recommend to you for the constant pump application.  When I go much larger than the Quiet One 4000 I usually switch to the Danner line of mag drive pumps for my higher pressure/flow applications where I'm not ready to go all the way to an inline pump.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service