Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Well here is my garden at 5 weeks , second pic is when I started 3/27

Views: 345

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

WOW!  That is incredible, Paul!  Was your system fulling cycled when you added in those plants?  Did you also add Maxicrop or just straight up AP?

Well I'm a little lazy so put it all together and then kinda of let it run itself ,put the fish in the tank about 2 days after filling and planted all the plants that week too. Now it wasn't as easy as it sounds with water lvls and siphons but lots of trials and errors . This is with the fish in the tank and plants in the beds. I check the PH once a week and Ammonia about once.... a week ya that's right once a week. Ph stays high 7-8 and ammonia stays around .25 or less, Now I don't know if this maters as much but one of the box stores had a nitrification starter ( Pond Kickstart http://www.pondplanet.com/Beckett-NB16-Pond-Kickstart ) that I put in and also put in the seaweed and iron additives. My lettuce was harvesting in 3 weeks on a floating raft that has no filtration on it.That was one week after plantingThis is week 5 and around 10 lbs already harvested.

That is fantastic. Well done. Keep us posted. Any problem with bugs?

Wow! Did you start with seed or pre-sprouted plants? Also, what iron additive are you using? Great stuff!

nice!

welcome to the wonderful word of aquaponic food production... i wonder if you will eventually convert the raised beds to ap?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service