Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Some thoughts on the marketing aspect of commercial aquaponics farms. I'm currently trying to conduct market research about which plants or fish to grow in Boston. What are your experiences or thoughts on this topic? I personally have found that marketing direct to consumers often positions the farm in direct competition with food service companies and large grocery chains. It's an interesting topic because there are currently very few industry studies and case analysis papers regarding soil-less agriculture.

Views: 689

Replies to This Discussion

Small scale, I really need to get more fish to keep up with the neighborhood I think.

Got neighbors that like bluegill and catfish and if they keep coming round every week I'm gonna run out of edible size fish fairly quick.

I've now also added my farm to Local Harvest, we will see if that gets much attention for U-Pick produce.

Doesn't seem like you have a marketing problem

Do you have any exclusive home delivery organizations where you operate? For example, http://www.bostonorganics.com/

Feels like a quasi-wholesale operation but is an interesting concept.

TCLynx said:

Small scale, I really need to get more fish to keep up with the neighborhood I think.

Got neighbors that like bluegill and catfish and if they keep coming round every week I'm gonna run out of edible size fish fairly quick.

I've now also added my farm to Local Harvest, we will see if that gets much attention for U-Pick produce.

There is a Home Grown Coop in Orlando but since the move it is even further away from me so participating in it is even less attractive now than it was before.

They sell my lufa though (I don't need to drive over there twice a week to supply those.)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service