Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

I work at a school in Warren, MI. We recently harvested 27 pounds of fish from our tanks and need to start over. Does anyone know where I can get free or cheap Tilapia fingerlings near to our area. Our systems have been running for over 5 years. Thanks.

Views: 419

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm in Garden City Mi. and have Tilapia. How many are you looking for? Don't know if they are male or female.

We have 3 55 gallon tanks, each with their own 2 x 4 grow bed and we are out of fish. We would be grateful for anything.

Let me know when you'd like to get together. I have plenty from fry up. Hope we can catch the fry. I'm just letting the bigger fish eat them.

Are you at a house address? Sometimes we bring high school aged kids on field trips for the experience to pick up supplies. Or, I'm going to be in your area on Saturday and can come by then. What's the charge for the fish? Our work number is 586-439-4558 if its easier to talk. Thanks.

Yes, mine is a home system. My schedule is flexible so we could set something up most any time. I'd love to share the possibilities with you and your students. It's not a fancy system but pretty complete. I also have a basement system, composting, worm bins, and raised beds. Plus I live in Henry Ford's Honeymoon House next door to the first Kmart lol. The fish are free.

The drive is a little too long for us to bring students, but I'm going to be near enough to your area on Saturday morning. Would it work for me to come by about 9:30 to see your system and pick up some fish? I can bring my own buckets for transportation. 

Unfortunately Saturday morning isn't good for me. Noon or later works for me on Saturdays.

D C said:

The drive is a little too long for us to bring students, but I'm going to be near enough to your area on Saturday morning. Would it work for me to come by about 9:30 to see your system and pick up some fish? I can bring my own buckets for transportation. 

What about next Monday (the 11th) at around 3?

That works for me.
D C said:

What about next Monday (the 11th) at around 3?

Perfect!!! If you can send me an address, I'll be there around 3 pm on Monday with some buckets.

Just checking to see if 3 today still works for me to pick up fish. Thank you so much. 

29835 beechwood  Garden City

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service