Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Guys, would you look at the ingredients in this and tell me if it is safe in an 270 gal system.

I'm not concerned about the type of fish it will feed. I just want to know if it is safe for the system.

Thanks. 

Views: 188

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

what ingredients?

picture didn't take. let me retry.

Here you go.

looks ok to me.. but only for omnivores, like catfish, bluegill or tilapia..

for carnivores like perch or trout you want "high" protein

Thanks keith. I am confused on what to feed the fish. I have bluegill and catfish. I wouldn't mind making my own ( so I know what's in it) I need a simple recipe. 

i've been using mostly purina for the past 3 years, for yellow perch, bluegill and tilapia.. i mix high and low protein, and supplement with marmokreb crayfish, minnows and of course the baby tilapia

Keith,are the minnows live? If so Do you raise them in a separate tank? 

Keith Rowan said:

i've been using mostly purina for the past 3 years, for yellow perch, bluegill and tilapia.. i mix high and low protein, and supplement with marmokreb crayfish, minnows and of course the baby tilapia

yes, the minnows are live, i bought some rosy red minnows from a pet store a while back, at first i had them in the pool. when they started breeding i removed the flowerpots from the pool (they lay their eggs on "ledges" and the male takes care of them with his fat head) with the male and put them in my 55 gallon tanks.. now all my minnows are in my single tote system, and my glass tanks are full of crayfish (and a few baby tilapia)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service