Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Hi All,

I'm in the process of setting up a commercial system with just under 100,000 sq ft of grow space at complete build out, with multiple isolated systems, 

Is anyone doing anything similar?

Views: 2381

Replies to This Discussion

Wayne,

Hi. What island are you planning on building this facility?  I live in Nassau, Bahamas and have an aquaponic demonstration system in one of my labs.  If you are in Nassau you are welcome to come by and see it.  Additionally, I am helping a friend build another system at his residence in Nassau. 

I'm currently growing tomatoes, water cress, sweet peas, cucumbers, peppers, basil, avacado, peach and other plants in my laboratory.  I have four generations of local species of tilapia (Oreochromis mossambicus) that are producing about 50 fry per week. 

My system is a Zero Discharge, recirculated, denitrified and totally closed.  I only have to add for the water that has evaporated.

My email address is:  emeraldpartners@yahoo.com  I've been practicing aquaculture for over 25 years.

Let's get together.

Best Regards,

Jon Chaiton

John, the 2 test systems are just cycling up and will post pictures in the new year. Help is always useful and as I get closer to completion will be able to make a decision them. As it stands will probably not be before the middle of next year.

We will have to chat and discuss.

John Fox said:

Hi Wayne, I just saw your post. How is the construction of your system coming? Do you need help? I have green building and solar electric background. Im looking to get some hands on with building aquaponics systems. Id love to speak with you. Cheers, John

Jon, the facility will be in Abaco, would be honoured to view your system and will send you a email.

Jon Chaiton said:

Wayne,

Hi. What island are you planning on building this facility?  I live in Nassau, Bahamas and have an aquaponic demonstration system in one of my labs.  If you are in Nassau you are welcome to come by and see it.  Additionally, I am helping a friend build another system at his residence in Nassau. 

I'm currently growing tomatoes, water cress, sweet peas, cucumbers, peppers, basil, avacado, peach and other plants in my laboratory.  I have four generations of local species of tilapia (Oreochromis mossambicus) that are producing about 50 fry per week. 

My system is a Zero Discharge, recirculated, denitrified and totally closed.  I only have to add for the water that has evaporated.

My email address is:  emeraldpartners@yahoo.com  I've been practicing aquaculture for over 25 years.

Let's get together.

Best Regards,

Jon Chaiton

Ok. Sounds good Wayne. Please keep me posted. Cheers, John

Wayne Hall said:

John, the 2 test systems are just cycling up and will post pictures in the new year. Help is always useful and as I get closer to completion will be able to make a decision them. As it stands will probably not be before the middle of next year.

We will have to chat and discuss.

John Fox said:

Hi Wayne, I just saw your post. How is the construction of your system coming? Do you need help? I have green building and solar electric background. Im looking to get some hands on with building aquaponics systems. Id love to speak with you. Cheers, John

Hats off to you for your planned endeavor! We do similar in terms of multiple isolated systems that can be integrated to such a capacity.

Bioponica designs and supplies vertical, modular and scalable systems (Bio-Incubator) that support growing on two levels with fish tanks below. Each is 20'x4' with two tanks at 120 gallons. Growing area with full sun is 60 sq ft, and partial sun is 60 sq ft for total 120 ft growing area. They are scalable, and we also have single level Troughs for deep water and NFT.  While the capital cost may be higher than less durable, wood and rubber or other materials, the payoff is greater as fertilizer and fish food is closed loop, assuming you have a nutrient waste stream, including urine, food scraps and other green manures. If you incorporate an anaerobic digester fertilizer and fish feed costs can be entirely eliminated.

If you need help with profit analysis and return on investment we can assist with that also. 

Thanks, always interested in exploring alternative growing techniques.  

"If you incorporate an anaerobic digester fertilizer and fish feed costs can be entirely eliminated."

Have you actually done this or is it theory?? Please share some details. I know someone here on the Big Island who is going in a similar direction.

Root Doctor said:

Hats off to you for your planned endeavor! We do similar in terms of multiple isolated systems that can be integrated to such a capacity.

Bioponica designs and supplies vertical, modular and scalable systems (Bio-Incubator) that support growing on two levels with fish tanks below. Each is 20'x4' with two tanks at 120 gallons. Growing area with full sun is 60 sq ft, and partial sun is 60 sq ft for total 120 ft growing area. They are scalable, and we also have single level Troughs for deep water and NFT.  While the capital cost may be higher than less durable, wood and rubber or other materials, the payoff is greater as fertilizer and fish food is closed loop, assuming you have a nutrient waste stream, including urine, food scraps and other green manures. If you incorporate an anaerobic digester fertilizer and fish feed costs can be entirely eliminated.

If you need help with profit analysis and return on investment we can assist with that also. 

Hi Wayne - I'm sure you are using a UVI system with rafts, are constructing all of the grow beds and fish tanks by hand or did you order them pre-built for this project?

Best wishes - keep us updated on the project!

Hi Wayne, just found you here in the Commercial group and was curious how you are doing on your project? Some friends of mine an myself are doing a business model to start looking for money here in Florida for a start up  AP venture and would like to talk to you about some things. My email is palmcitydavis@gmail.com

We're planning a multi-storied AP complex in Boston city, with around 50,000 square-feet each level. Currently working on generating a large enough potential customer base with local restaurants and independent retailers to justify the scale. Would love to hear from anyone interested in participating in the process.

MAY I SEE SOME PICTURES AND PLANS OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING Thank you Milana

did you ever make you project if so may i see pictures

Austin Hsu said:

We're planning a multi-storied AP complex in Boston city, with around 50,000 square-feet each level. Currently working on generating a large enough potential customer base with local restaurants and independent retailers to justify the scale. Would love to hear from anyone interested in participating in the process.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service