Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Improvements you'd like to see for this community

Hello all - Sylvia recently sent out a message that included a note about the two of us working together to give this community a face lift.

The bad news first: I'm new to this community.  Shame on me...but Sylvia's been too nice to say no to my requests for help so far, so she's been the only resource I've needed so far!  I'm also new to Ning generally, so I'll be doing some homework on getting up to speed with what can be done.

The good news: I know enough HTML, CSS, PHP, and other flavors of the alphabet soup to be able to do some pretty cool things.  I am enthusiastic about helping Sylvia continue to cultivate this community, so I've given her no limits to what she can ask me to do.

The content that you create is the heart and soul of this community, so keep it up, and even consider doing more of it!  With that said, any suggestions that you have to improve the other stuff - aesthetics, functions/widgets you'd like to see, how things are organized, etc. - this is your place to voice it.

Thanks, and fire away.

Views: 264

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi guys. Kobus is right. I've seen on other, larger Ning sites that after a while the Groups really become sub-forums. Interestingly, we don't have groups by system types yet which would seem like a logical next step. Anyone who wants to start a group is welcome to! Kobus, how about a Mixed System group? We also need a Media Based Group and a Raft Based group...
Ya already got the vertical group and a NFT group would probably be in order.
I'll do that. So, was the "floating in and out" a pun reference to a mixed media system, or am I just really tired?
If you build it they will come :)

Sylvia Bernstein said:
Hi guys. Kobus is right. I've seen on other, larger Ning sites that after a while the Groups really become sub-forums. Interestingly, we don't have groups by system types yet which would seem like a logical next step. Anyone who wants to start a group is welcome to! Kobus, how about a Mixed System group? We also need a Media Based Group and a Raft Based group...
I agree with Chi Ma there, don't worry about being in a totally different time zone. It isn't like you need to answer questions in real time or anything. :)
Perhaps it is part of why I like the Aussie forum too, there are people on there at all hours of the day/night it seems since they have pretty world wide following now that they are so huge. It can be kinda quiet on here sometimes.
Another Crazy Idea. Map of where everyone is :) Or at least where they live under their avatar so we can give more detailed info.
I think the Member Map does this pretty well. Have you checked it out? In the tabs above
Lol! I haven't poked around.. I'll do that now.

Sylvia Bernstein said:
I think the Member Map does this pretty well. Have you checked it out? In the tabs above

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service