Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

A recently post has questioned grow out times being claimed by some. There seems to be a lot of misinformation out there on this subject this so I would like to get a record of what our community is doing in our back yards and compare it to all the claims out there. I see claims of lettuce from seed to harvest in 30 something days and I cannot believe them based on my years of growing experience. I have achieved close to that but not on a consistent basis.

It will be important to include your area, system type, media, crop, water temp, and any other important information.

For me I grow lettuce from seed to plate in about 6 weeks. My grow time can vary a little each way depending on time of year as some of the year we have afternoon clouds and rain.The max time on lettuce in cloudy/rainy weather is 8 weeks. Many of my crops can be continuously harvested such as basil, celery, chard, and tomatoes. These crops have been successfully and continually harvested for up to 6 months.

Views: 1214

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's a French film product known as "celloclim"... well at least here in OZ anyway...

A double layer film, bubble enclosed... single sheet film...

Thanks again RupertofOZ I will look it up.

If you're wondering why I used the larger spacing... partly because of the spread of the oakleaf...

But mostly because I rotated the tables between lettuce and basil...

Great info Rupert! Thank you for sharing. What type of filtration does your NFT have?

The NFT was pre-filtered by hydroton filled grow beds...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service