Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

I'm re-posting and re-naming this thread since it fell off the list.

Nothing has changed.

We are still planning a Group Hug - invitation only AZ AP group members sequential visit. 

Ask and you will be invited!

On Cinco de Mayo (5/5/2013) our tour starts around 11 AM in Scottsdale with 2 systems, then out to Gilbert for a mature green house system, then over to Baseline and Central for two more systems.  Then north up I-17 to the  Loop101 to the "hoop house" system and back down to the north side of Camelhead via Sunny slope for two more systems and a BBQ at David's luxury digs.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

David & Jim 

Views: 1482

Replies to This Discussion

I am using some test strips I got a Pet Smart.  But it is somewhere below 6.2 which is the lowest on the strip.  

I have been using some goldfish lately.  Last group died in a day.  However, I also had an algae bloom in the water and I read that algae can significantly decrease the oxygenation of the water and so it may be the combination of the two factors.  I think I finally managed to get the pH up to around 6.8 and the latest group of goldfish seem to be doing fine so far.

My fish to plant ratio is clearly way off though and has been for quite a while as I try to figure this stuff out.

Sheri Schmeckpeper said:

Do we have an estimated head count?

Sunset, aquaponics is an amazingly fulfilling adventure with a steep learning curve and a true teacher of patience and perseverance!  What is the PH of your system? I know the matured systems tend to drop into the 6's, but I haven't heard of anyone being so acidic that they've lost fish. What kind of fish are you using?

I need to say that I will have two friends going with me on the tour.

@ Sunset

Bring a container of your system water on the tour and I'll test it for you.  We'll talk and make a plan of action to get you on track

All the best,

Jim

Okay Tour System Peeps!

I just sent out the directions for the tour to your in boxes, please check them for accuracy so I can send them to the visitors attending the tour.

If you want to go on the tour please request tour directions as they will NOT be posted for public viewing.

We DO hope you will join us!

Jim and David

Hi Jim....last email message I have in my box on this site is mid-April, would you please re-send directions for the tour to me....thanks much!

Chris G.

Jim Troyer said:

Okay Tour System Peeps!

I just sent out the directions for the tour to your in boxes, please check them for accuracy so I can send them to the visitors attending the tour.

If you want to go on the tour please request tour directions as they will NOT be posted for public viewing.

We DO hope you will join us!

Jim and David

Hi Chris

I haven't sent out the official tour directions but will later tonight!

We hope that you all will desire to join the tour.

Jim

Okay Everyone!

The Tour directions just went out! 

Let me know if you didn't get them in your in box.

I hope to meet many of you this Sunday!

Jim

I've already got me and my wife on the list, but my parents just came into town and I was wondering if I could also add them to the tour.  I would live to get my mother involved into aquaponics...

I just saw this thread or I would have responded sooner.  I have 4 people who are interested in attending.

If there is anything we could bring to help contribute to the BBQ, please let us know.

Daniel, I'm sure it would be fine.

Glad you'll make it, Brian! Jim and David are in charge of the BBQ & can fill you in on what may be needed.

I never received the addresses, and I'm still waiting for Jim to accept my friend request so I can get ahold of him.

Can someone bring some ranch or pork beans to the bbq? It looks like there will be a big crowd for the tour, not sure where everyone will park at my house, I hope there will be some carpooling going on, I can seat 7 and already have 3 spots taken.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service