Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Hi everyone, I am new to the community and wanted to introduce myself. My name is John Fox and I live in Ashland Oregon. I recently got interested in aquaponics and its tremendous potential to benefit our food security and planet. I am interested in speaking with you about any work opportunities you may have. I am willing to relocate. My background is in green building and renewable energy. I am now looking to transition into working with living, closed loop systems. Aquaponics that includes biogas generation is of particular interest. I look forward to chatting. Cheers, John  

Views: 253

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi John. would you be interested in working in China for a term to build something as a volunteer? I don't have the capitol to hire anyone but we have a nice layout and sound platform to work in this field. Please get back to me if you are interested.

Cheers
Hi Carey, I am interested in hearing more, in particular; what do you mean by sound platform? Shall we set up a phone call? Where are you? China? I look forward to talking. Cheers, John

Carey Ma said:
Hi John. would you be interested in working in China for a term to build something as a volunteer? I don't have the capitol to hire anyone but we have a nice layout and sound platform to work in this field. Please get back to me if you are interested.

Cheers
I'm not sure it warrants a call at this time due to the time differences so I suggest we correspond through e-mail and this forum for now.
Ok. Would you give some more information about your project? What type of work is there to be done? You said volunteer; is room and board included? Will you pay for my flight to China? As many of the specifics you can include would be most helpful. Thank you. Cheers, John 

Carey Ma said:
I'm not sure it warrants a call at this time due to the time differences so I suggest we correspond through e-mail and this forum for now.

Sorry to sway off topic but how can aquaponics generate biogas in usable quantity?
Always great to hear now possibilities with aquaponics.

@ Morour

It is not possible to produce biogas from AP (fish). However, it is possible and becoming more common to integrate organic and sustainable methods with AP, giving the system more biodiversity and therefore more nutrients.

I run a three stage compost to maximize usage. The first step is to run solids through an anaerobic bio-digester to produce methane. The solids/ sludge is then mixed into a hot compost to kill most of the microbes, then is introduced into the compost pile so that in time, everything is broken down into usable nutrient and good microbes are dominant and balanced.

@ John.

Sorry for late reply. Here is a web site for one of the projects I'm working with.

www.specialcommune.org

You can produce biogas from the fish waste...
yes technically it is possible but unless you have a commercial aquaculture operation; you wouldn't have enough waste to produce enough methane to be worth the trouble.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service