Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

HELLO ALL,

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME A PRICE RANGE FOR SETTING UP A DECENT FARM? WE WANT TO GROW TILAPIA AND BELL PEPPERS AND TOMATOES....

THANKS

Views: 459

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Sunli,

Its mostly relative to your location. Cost of ; Land,labor,building material,chemical inputs,water,electricity,climate,type of AP, and marketing conditions etc

You might as well ask what it would cost you to be addicted to heroin for the rest of your life .... those who pass through this aquaponics portal .... we salute you  ...;)

It also depends on what method you prefer to use.

For example, my choice of square NFT tubes was more expensive than using round PVC.  Also, the IBC tanks can be very expensive or even free depending on your area.

If you check out my system @www.AquaBiotic.com you can see one method.
The IBC's were $40 each, the square tubing was $25.00 each, PVC used for connecting the two together was about $300. (18' rise and 100' length).  Misc stuff (concrete, pumps, fish, fittings) I figure I have about $800 - $1000 in my system.

Of course you can get by with much less and start off very small at a fraction of the cost.

Check this out for a minimal system to get your feet wet (hopefully that is not what happens)

http://youtu.be/Qa_2gLRV2JU

Brilliant!

drumurphy said:

You might as well ask what it would cost you to be addicted to heroin for the rest of your life .... those who pass through this aquaponics portal .... we salute you  ...;)

Please give some details such as size of proposed greenhouse (if that is your design) square footage of grow beds volume of water in fish tanks...sumps etc. If you don't know, then look at systems on this forum and try to find a model that appeals to you. 

Hello Mr Scott,

Thanks for the general pricing details. I am slowing putting together a checklist of all items needed. I am really grateful for a general price on a general question...

thanks

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service