Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

I'm trying to write a business plan for a commercial aquaponics "farm", but writing such a document is not really within my skill set, and I'm having trouble finding a good template to start from. Does anybody have such a business plan or template? Don't worry, I'm in Texas, so I won't be competition for you if you're elsewhere. :-)

Views: 17342

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Excellent resources from EPA...An Urban Farm Business Plan:

www.epa.gov

Sahib,  You are awesome!!

Great find, Sahib!  Thanks for sharing it.  :)

Sahib Punjabi said:

www.epa.gov

Can you send me too? I am going to introduce this "new" techinique in farming in my country. They are still doing traditional farming. 

FriendlyAquaponics said:

I am happy to send you our business plan, written in 2007, which got us a $100k loan from our local credit union...I'm not sure how applicable it will be, but you're welcome to it.
Would you be willing to send a copy for us?  We're in Chicago. 
FriendlyAquaponics said:
I am happy to send you our business plan, written in 2007, which got us a $100k loan from our local credit union...I'm not sure how applicable it will be, but you're welcome to it.

Hi, I'm in France and I would be very happy if I could get a copy too!

Thanks!

FriendlyAquaponics said:

Dear Tim,

My name is George Poole and we are desirous of setting up an Aquaponics farm in the Garden Route area of the Western Cape, South Africa. We have registered a non-profit company, as it is our intention to use the farm, not only to provide food for the under-privilidged, but also to teach the local communities to farm for themselves, in order for them to become self-sufficient.

I read your reply to Troy, and would like to know if you would be so kind as to share your business plan with us as well, as we realise that without a plan, one can achieve very little!

We would be most-grateful for any assistance.

Kind regards,

George. (E-mail address : grgpl5@gmail.com)

FriendlyAquaponics said:

I would also be very interested in seeing your business plan. We are looking to start commercial production here in Brooklyn, NY and need all the help we can get. 

FriendlyAquaponics said:

Thanks, Clive. It will be interesting to compare the plans shared here. Many thanks, all.

CliveP said:

Hi All,

I'm in the process of putting a plan together. Can't remember where I found it but attached is an "Acme" sample aquaponics business plan. Hope it helps.

Clive

Wow. Two thumbs up. Thank you, Sahib.

Sahib Punjabi said:

www.epa.gov

How about this one? (see attached pdf)

Found it a few months ago... Building a Sustainable Business: A guide to developing a business plan for farms and rural businesses. It doesn’t hit the aquaponic bullseye, but members may benefit from something in its 289 pages! Whew. Have you checked it out? Opines please. 

Attachments:

Thank you Chris...See we can help each other. Great information.

God bless,

Chris Schup said:

How about this one? (see attached pdf)

Found it a few months ago... Building a Sustainable Business: A guide to developing a business plan for farms and rural businesses. It doesn’t hit the aquaponic bullseye, but members may benefit from something in its 289 pages! Whew. Have you checked it out? Opines please. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service