Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

commercial aquaponic vs government subsidized industrial soil farming

Does anyone know if government subsidize aquaponic farmers? I don't think aquaponic can replace industrial soil farming for future farming unless government subsidize aquaponic farmers too.

Views: 994

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Definitely.

Nate Storey said:

I won't subject everyone here to one of my hour-long rants about farm-subsidies. . . you're welcome.  I will say that as bleak as it looks sometimes, remember that the dinosaurs went extinct.  Why? Because they couldn't adapt. A bunch of hairy little beasts with fur, warm blood and four-chambered hearts came along and put them out of business.  It doesn't matter that money has been wasted, thrown at bad ideas and broken systems.  We will win.  Good ideas always win, sometimes it just takes time. . . and a bunch of productive, voracious, hairy little beasts like ourselves.  :)

Oh, and you won't win by taking subsidies that artificially brace up bad ideas- you win by entering the market, tackling the problems head on, and innovating- something that I've seen an incredible amount of in the AP community.  We're going to win, because we're inventive, not because we're funded.

yep!

Nate Storey said:

I won't subject everyone here to one of my hour-long rants about farm-subsidies. . . you're welcome.  I will say that as bleak as it looks sometimes, remember that the dinosaurs went extinct.  Why? Because they couldn't adapt. A bunch of hairy little beasts with fur, warm blood and four-chambered hearts came along and put them out of business.  It doesn't matter that money has been wasted, thrown at bad ideas and broken systems.  We will win.  Good ideas always win, sometimes it just takes time. . . and a bunch of productive, voracious, hairy little beasts like ourselves.  :)

Oh, and you won't win by taking subsidies that artificially brace up bad ideas- you win by entering the market, tackling the problems head on, and innovating- something that I've seen an incredible amount of in the AP community.  We're going to win, because we're inventive, not because we're funded.

News on the Farm Bill front:  they're planning on getting rid of subsidies and putting more money into crop insurance, which will only benefit the big producers.

http://www.theatlantic.com/life/archive/2011/12/direct-subsidies-co...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service