Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Just wondering if anyone has tried building their own Bathtub Aquaponics System?

http://www.ecofilms.com.au/2010/07/09/bathtub-aquaponics/

It might be more suited for people with limited space and perhaps using goldfish as their fish source? Sourcing a used bathtub at any recycle center should be a cheap solution for anyone wanting to test the theory of growing their own fish and vegetables...

Views: 154

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was going to try this, but old tubs at our ReStore were as much as a new Rubber Maid 70 gal tank. I didn't think to check at the dump. 
There is a bathtub aquaponics system running quite well near where I live, located at a local community garden. Once people saw how well it all worked - there was a run-out sale of old bathtubs. The woman running the sales area at the dump couldn't understand why all of a sudden old bathtubs were in such great demand :)

I just started building a bathtub system in a geodesic greenhouse!  I bought Murray's instructions, but am having difficulty with the top tub (growbed) because it is rounded on the bottom (therefore not stable on cinder blocks) and is also slanted to one side on the bottom (not quite sure how to deal with this either).  Looking for help and advice from other AP'ers since this is my first system!  

I get that you don't visit this site very often, but I wish we were friends since we are the only two AP members in Chico. 

Check out the price of tubs at Wilbers Feed.  They seem reasonable to me.

Rich Milliron said:

I was going to try this, but old tubs at our ReStore were as much as a new Rubber Maid 70 gal tank. I didn't think to check at the dump. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service