Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

A started i month ago with aquaponics.Becourse i live in Japan i wondered how are the japanese do it
.I searched around i dit not find any privat AP.It is strange becourse there a many Bio-shops for vegetables and the supermarket aerea for bio-vegetable.
If you know any or have an idea why not please informe me.
sorry for my english
To long in Japan
AP fan Alfred

Views: 126

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kobus Jooste said:
You and I are sort of in the same boat. Africa is also completely oblivious of AP. My suggestion is to start small, get a demo unit going (you can build one out of almost anything) and then try to see how the potential customers relate to your product and production method. For me, there is a straight line between production environment for agriculture in a country or region, and their likelyhood of liking aquaponics. The more fertile the soil and abundant the water, the bigger the job to convince people to look at AP. I could be wrong on this, but that is my gut feel. In South Africa, the soil is poor and the water scarce, which makes it logical (you would think) to turn to AP. Alternative forms of agriculture is expensive and non-sustainable in many parts of the country. If that was not the case, the initial capital input of commercial AP vs. the going rate of produce may well have been a deterrant.

Let me know how things are progressing.
Hello Mr.Kobus
Thank you for the replie.I come from the restaurant buis Cook i have already the costumers for my not yet ready products.Sale is easy becourse every good restaurant cook want the best products,but to find somebody in tokyo with whom you can find out different things like were to get this or that is difficult.
Going to a school for teaching,everybody gets a shock about this stranger what dos he want the strange men.Japanese are not international.
Well, I know of several South Africans doing Backyard scale AP and at least one building commercial systems for people. They are all over on the BYAP forum.

There are youtube videos I've seen of some aquaponics that I though was in Japan (but I could be wrong) They were the ones with the bright color plastic plant floats. Some outdoor shrimp and medicinal herb systems as well as one really ornamental koi pond with the floating plants and flowers in a restaurant.

TCLynx said:
Well, I know of several South Africans doing Backyard scale AP and at least one building commercial systems for people. They are all over on the BYAP forum.

There are youtube videos I've seen of some aquaponics that I though was in Japan (but I could be wrong) They were the ones with the bright color plastic plant floats. Some outdoor shrimp and medicinal herb systems as well as one really ornamental koi pond with the floating plants and flowers in a restaurant.
Ok so this one is based in Taiwan
You Tube channel

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service