Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

I'm making a documentary about urban farming worldwide.  I just got back from Cuba.  I'm in New Orleans and after here I'll be going Atlanta - DC - Philly - NY - Boston before I head West back to Portland, Oregon.  I really want to include aquaponics in the film.  Anyone have a system they want to show off?

-Karney

http://www.plantthismovie.com

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/karney/get-plant-this-movie-to-...

Views: 340

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You're welcome top stop in here on you way from NY to Boston.  We're about 7 miles off the highway....far from any urban settings.   Growth is very slow right now because of the winter.     For info about my various systems, you can see the videos at www.youtube.com/web4deb.  Please make an appointment so I will be around.  Thanks.

If you happen swing by Manhattan, Kansas on your way back I have a system that I would love to share.

And Manhattan, New York to see AP in action in an NYC apartment. You might be interested in the Brooklyn Food Conference coming up on May 12th, I will be doing an Introductory AP presentation there. I'm sure you will find a ton of stuff to cover there.

I have a small system in the Florida Keys (Marathon). Nice and warm down here. 

Thanks for the replies!

So are you saying you have a system up and running in your apartment, Jonathan?  That sounds very cool...

I won't be there in May anymore - I'll be back in Portland doing postproduction on the film and starting my own urban ag project...

Yes I do, tonight I just pulled out a bok choy plant and my wife made a stir fry. I am also planning a small commercial operation at a house I have 50 miles out side of New York in Vernon, NJ. I am in the planning phase for right now. I hope to start construction in April if the town lets me.

Karney Hatch said:

Thanks for the replies!

So are you saying you have a system up and running in your apartment, Jonathan?  That sounds very cool...

I won't be there in May anymore - I'll be back in Portland doing postproduction on the film and starting my own urban ag project...

Ya care to slip in something about AP or sustainable farming in China? I think I have some interesting stuff. I hope you can check out my page and see if anything applies. You have my permission to use any material there.

Cheers & break a leg!

If you make it to Hawaii please stop by our backyard farm, Coastview Aquaponics. We are a neighborhood farm that sells our produce exclusively to our neighborhood through a small refrigerator and cooler. Our goal is to keep the food miles as low as possible and to cut out the middle man. By doing this we can give our customers a discount while getting a better price than the local health food store wants to pay. The fridge is stocked daily with what is best each day and our neighbors are welcome to purchase, at their convenience, during the day. We provide free farm tours every Saturday to educate anybody who comes by. We provide classes on a regular basis to teach others how to grow their own nutritious food in their back yards. Check out our site:http://www.coastviewaquaponics.com/. We have hundreds of pics posted on my page. We have been doing this for several years now. If you come to Hawaii and I can show you more than 6 large systems on the Big Island alone.

Karney,

So sorry I missed the opportunity to help fund the movie through your kickstarter campaign. But... awesome that you achieved your funding goal. I'm here in Beaverton, OR. We have several AP systems and have started workshops to teach others. It'd be an honor to have you by when you get back into town. Check out our work at: www.pdxpurple.com

Best,

Jason

Hello,

Florida seems to be a hub right now. If you want aquaponics and get close, you should'nt miss it. Joe

Jason, looks like the Kickstarter campaign is still going on

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service