Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Hi dear friends, I am new to this forum, but I have been working on a personal aquaponics project for some time. I have a 200 gallon fish tank and I would like some advice on the following:

1. What would be the best Fish Feeder for a 200 gallon tank?
2. What kind of Feed would you recommend for Tilapia?

I would appreciate any feedback in this regard. Thanks!

Views: 171

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Steven,

Amazon carries an outstanding fish feeder that I've used for some time now in my AP system.  This feeder is mainly designed for flake food and would be compatible with cichlid flakes.  Alhough I don't have experience feeding or keeping tilapia, I understand that they would be happy with the cichlid flakes, as a base feed, that could be found at any petstore.

Carson, I use the eheim feeder as well with my 300 gallon tilapia tank (although it's mostly supplemental, 'cause I'm lazy and inconsistent about getting out to the tank 3 times a day to feed 'em). Works great with fingerling/juvenile feeds (small pellets).

I use the eheim double feeder on my 250g system. I have to fill it every day.... 

I guess we will have to look for a commercial feeder as we will not be here every day.  Thanks for your input.

It will all depend on the type of food you use, feeding frequency, and quantity.  As a reference, I have 7 goldfish in a 100G tank and leave the feeder running for weeks before refill.

Best of luck with your project!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service