Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'water' (55)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

World Water Day

Every year the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) sponsors an worldwide event they call World Water Day.   The U.S. Cha…

Started by Sylvia Bernstein

4 Jan 25, 2012
Reply by Meg Stout

Do you know what this Water Plant is??

I just got these water plants from a friend who wasnt sure what they were to begin with.  They grow like crazy, right in the water.  I know…

Started by Katie D

5 Jan 25, 2012
Reply by Ellen Roelofs

Is kelp sea weed organic fertilizer ok to use?

We have been unable to find Seasol or Maxicrop without buying it offline, so we visited our local hydroponic store and found Marinis Kelp S…

Started by ALLISON DUHAIME

0 Jan 12, 2012

Reduce Water Pump and Siphon Noise

Thanks to Everyone's help on my last post regarding Hydroton dust. I finally have my system up and running, however it is a little noisy. …

Started by Brandon Becker

7 Jan 10, 2012
Reply by Japan Aquaponics - アクアポニックス 日本

Using soft water in my aquaponic system

I am trying to finalize a design for my system to have it up and running early spring.  We have well water with plenty of iron, and we use…

Started by Kim Dunn

3 Dec 23, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

New Gardeners - How To Check Your pH Level

A quick how-to video on checking pH levels in your hydroponic or aquaponic garden. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeJtGkKKylg

Started by Katie D

0 Dec 11, 2011

one dead fish a day

We bought 50 yellow perch on saturday the 15th. Each morning we have had one dead perch. We have michigan hard water that may be causing ou…

Started by Sasha Grove

8 Nov 3, 2011
Reply by Chris Smith

Nitrification and Alkalinity

For those of you who enjoy reading scientific papers, you might find this paper of interest EFFECT OF ALKALINITY TYPE AND CONCENTRATION ON…

Started by Terri Mikkola

4 Jul 22, 2011
Reply by Terri Mikkola

Basic solar heating for a small system

Hi All   As it is getting into winter here, I am playing with an idea for solar heating that I thought of a few months ago.  It may not hel…

Started by Kobus Jooste

21 May 9, 2011
Reply by Kobus Jooste

Be patient with water chemistry

I have noticed a number of discussions lately, and have experienced my own experiments going in the same directions sometimes - a bit too m…

Started by Kobus Jooste

22 May 5, 2011
Reply by Izzy

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service