Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'temperature' (9)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

upper temperature limits for trout in a high O2 saturation environment

I am attempting to start an aquaponics system with trout. I was reading about water with too much O2 from intensive vegitation causing the…

Started by Lisa O'Toole

2 Jan 3, 2015
Reply by Lisa O'Toole

Greetings from Ohio

Hi All - great to see that this is such an active site! I'm new to aquaponics and drawn to it for several reasons. From a community persp…

Started by Brian Grant

5 May 17, 2014
Reply by Keith Rowan

Tilapia froze to death last night.

So it is with great sadness that I lost my entire stock of Tilapia due to a power outage last night. I have a converted IBC with about fift…

Started by Ray Eklund

0 Jan 31, 2014

catfish temperature change rate

I have a tank full of catfish in series with an empty tank which trout will inhabit on Monday.  I need to drop the temperature on the catfi…

Started by Jeremiah Robinson

4 Nov 14, 2013
Reply by Larry Renegar

Bacteria temperature sweet spot

I'm in Maine and we are starting to see lows 40 F overnight. My GH keeps air at approximately 55-60 F (it is generally 10-15 F higher than…

Started by Blue Hiller

0 Sep 16, 2013

Fish Temperatures

Hi Everyone,   I live in Austin, TX, and my tank ranges from 74degrees in the morning to 91degrees in mid-afternoon. I don't see fish adapt…

Started by Pawnic

35 Sep 2, 2013
Reply by Tradewind

Constant temp. in tank

Don't know if this would work (but it is what I plan on doing with my system when I get it up and running).  I'm going to have a sump tan…

Started by Daniel Budfuloski

3 Feb 23, 2013
Reply by Benjamin Frimmer

Fish choice for Avg annual temp of 65 degrees F

I am trying to choose which fish to stock in a commercial aquaponics system in North Alabama / Southern Middle Tennessee, where the average…

Started by Tim Williams

27 Oct 25, 2012
Reply by John Cubit

pH Mystery

I've had a lot of help with this from a question I posted on a recent photo upload, but now I think the discussion is getting to the size w…

Started by Amanda Plante

19 Aug 8, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service