Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'tank' (20)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Flex Seal for Fish Tank?

Was wondering what you guys thought about making a fish tank out of plywood and then coating the inside of it with Flex Seal (spray on rubb…

Started by R.K. Castillo

1 Apr 10, 2013
Reply by Bob Terrell

We've Sprung a Leak!

Hello and thanks for your help. Background: I'm working with a local high school gardening program.  Last year my coworkers and I built an…

Started by Amanda Plante

19 Dec 20, 2012
Reply by Amanda Plante

grow bed ratio

Just out of curiosity, is my sump tank a consideration that needs to be taken when determining the size of my grow bed or is it just the…

Started by Daniel Budfuloski

4 Oct 21, 2012
Reply by George

adding air to fluids

I saw a post about two weeks ago re "how to get air into the water" and send it up to the top of the planting section. Not sure where the p…

Started by Linda Scherrer

1 Aug 3, 2012
Reply by Linda Scherrer

Advice on Poly Tank FT Requested

I think I have found a fairly good deal on a 1550 gal horizontal poly tank. I was thinking I could cut out the top and maybe put hinges on…

Started by Aquamaple

17 Jul 10, 2012
Reply by Chris Carr

Aquaponics system Dorset UK

Hi we have set up in our poly tunnel, a 1300 litre fish tank, 50 organic carp, with five x 135 litre grow beds and a sump tank. We are read…

Started by Tina Cresswell

0 Mar 13, 2012

Raising FT on a concreate slab?

The stats:Based on my calculations my growbed would weigh close to 1k lbs., and my DWC would also weigh about 1k lbs. when filled.The fish…

Started by Burton

1 Mar 7, 2012
Reply by Averan

Minimum tank depth?

Hi everyone! What is the minimum tank depth that people have successfully grown full size fish in? I'm looking at jade perch, but my 1200L…

Started by

3 Nov 21, 2011

Plywood tank questions

I have been scowering the net looking for a good written out plan on the wood needed to build a 300 - 600 gallon tank and have been unsucce…

Started by Burton

23 Aug 16, 2011
Reply by Larry Reinhardt

Are Koi good fish?

My little sister is getting married in about 2 months.  She wants a small pond with koi at the reception, and I have the honor of getting t…

Started by Rob C.

4 May 14, 2011
Reply by Johann

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service