Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'system' (42)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What's this White Stuff?

I've been cycling my system and the last couple of days this white stuff has showed up all over the grow media.   What is it?

Started by R.K. Castillo

28 Mar 9, 2013
Reply by Vlad Jovanovic

Looking for pointers / advice on a simple constant flow system

Newbie here - I'm exploring making a simple system (similar to Growing Power with 2 black mortar mixing tubs vertically above a stock tank…

Started by Chris Hutchinson

2 Feb 13, 2013
Reply by Chris Hutchinson

Backporch Aquaponics System

I put together a small system on my back porch.   Small growbed with a bucket that has the bell siphon in it that drains into a float bed…

Started by R.K. Castillo

0 Jan 22, 2013

What the perfect levels?

Can anyone tell me what the perfect levels for the pH, nitrates, nitrites,and ammonia are for an established system please?

Started by Stevie Martens

1 Jan 18, 2013
Reply by matthew ferrell

Whoops! Amonia mistake, What should I do?

I made a big mistake when I added ammonia   I was using the tester wrong and kept getting back 0 for ammonia and kept adding and adding amm…

Started by R.K. Castillo

11 Jan 3, 2013
Reply by Arvind Venkataraman

Potassium as a water softener...ok?

Hi guys, I've finally cycled up my new AP system. I'm on a well out here in Montana, USA and have extremely hard water. We have dogs and ho…

Started by Jeremy Wheaton

1 Dec 18, 2012
Reply by Glenn Davis

What equipment is required for a commercial raft system?

Hi, I am doing a bit of research into aquaponics for my university degree and am trying to determine the economic viability of a commercial…

Started by Tom Moyle

5 Oct 25, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Feedback on planned system design?

Hi all - New to the community here and wanted to run my system plan by you experts for feedback before I jump into the world of aquaponics…

Started by Daniel

34 Aug 13, 2012
Reply by Bradly

My First system

My aquaponic system set up in a small bedroom underneath a windowsill. The system consists of: A bench made from a water bed frame, milk c…

Started by Sean Short

8 Jul 28, 2012
Reply by Paul Reeves

Flood and Drain Cycle Timing

Hello, I am a newbie setting up my first system and I had a cycling time question, I have a 100 gallon system and a large pump, my flood an…

Started by Mario

4 Jul 18, 2012
Reply by RupertofOZ

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service