Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'pump' (15)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Are You Using an Airlift Pump?

Aloha,      Are You Using an Airlift Pump?      Glenn Martinez of Olomana Gardens and I had several problems to solve down at America Samoa…

Started by Tetsuzan Benny Ron

7 Feb 8, 2015
Reply by Stuart Polkinghorne

air lift pump

Ive been trying to come up with a low power idea for moving/pumping water.  This guy explains what i like best so far.  The Urban Aquacult…

Started by Ron

24 Apr 24, 2014
Reply by James Rubasch

Check valve with drain?

I'm looking for a valve that will allow water to flow in only one direction, like a check valve, but will when water flows back the other d…

Started by Jeremiah Robinson

4 Sep 22, 2013
Reply by Steven Sumrow

Remove filter from pump?

I'm using an ActiveAqua pump in my system, and the pump comes with a built-in filter that I've been leaving in and occasionally cleaning.…

Started by Eric T

6 Jul 10, 2013
Reply by Roger Baldwin

Aquaponics Non Electric Pump Prototype

I've been trying to design an aquaponics pump that runs without electricity and I came up with this design.  I nearly had it working until…

Started by R.K. Castillo

9 Jun 12, 2013
Reply by Keith Langdon

Thrifty Bare-Bones Home System

Hello All, For the past year I've been thrilled to work on a building and maintaining a medium-sized aquaponic system at a local high scho…

Started by Amanda Plante

11 Nov 14, 2012
Reply by Amanda Plante

Pump advice

I need help!  6 weeks into the project and I have ruined 2 pumps already.  First was a small 400 gph aquarium pump that aspirated a hygroto…

Started by Greg Hershner

18 Sep 22, 2012
Reply by Jim Fisk

Super excited in Colorado.

Hello everybody, I've been reading for hours and hours about all of your systems and questions.  I have been interested in aquaponics for…

Started by Daniel McElhattan

30 May 31, 2012
Reply by Daniel McElhattan

Pump question.

When you are accounting for the vertical rise of water from your pump do you include distance traveled upward through water?  For instance…

Started by Daniel McElhattan

6 May 3, 2012
Reply by Paul Smith

sycronizing pumps flow in a dwc raft bed

hey everyone, so i have a problem that i know gravity can solve but its kind of difficult to achieve. I have a DWC raft system with a bio…

Started by Nick wesley

1 Apr 21, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service