Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'pH' (35)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What the perfect levels?

Can anyone tell me what the perfect levels for the pH, nitrates, nitrites,and ammonia are for an established system please?

Started by Stevie Martens

1 Jan 18, 2013
Reply by matthew ferrell

Help With Dropping pH

Hello all, I am hoping someone can help me troubleshoot the problem I’m having with dropping pH.  The weird thing about this is it seems to…

Started by Steven M

9 Dec 6, 2012
Reply by Vlad Jovanovic

pH Mystery

I've had a lot of help with this from a question I posted on a recent photo upload, but now I think the discussion is getting to the size w…

Started by Amanda Plante

19 Aug 8, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Bringing pH down in a commercial system

The pH from our tap is about 8.1, and with the addition of some gravel beds and seaweed extract, it has reached a high of 8.5. We have two…

Started by Kevin Gorham

12 Jul 30, 2012
Reply by Eric Warwick

2 month system. Plants good, not great, fish dying off

Hello, I've been a reader of posts here, but this is my first time being of a poster of posts. I've got a small 100 gallon flood and drain…

Started by Jeremy Wheaton

8 May 9, 2012
Reply by Jeremy Wheaton

API Master High pH is Red

Hi, Can anybody tell me what pH this red color is supposed to mean? To me it doesn't look like it matches any of the squares on the test k…

Started by mattyG

9 Feb 18, 2012
Reply by Tom Parsons

Reducing Alkalinity on a batch basis

I have seen a few posts of people having problems in using their well water because of high pH as the result of very high alkalinity.  One…

Started by David R. Russell

9 Jan 31, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

A Soluble, Safe, and Effective Buffer

Hey All!   I've been doing a fishless cycle for about 3 weeks so far, but I've noticed that my tap water is not buffered. My pH is pretty s…

Started by Bill

3 Nov 12, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

one dead fish a day

We bought 50 yellow perch on saturday the 15th. Each morning we have had one dead perch. We have michigan hard water that may be causing ou…

Started by Sasha Grove

8 Nov 3, 2011
Reply by Chris Smith

Nitrification and Alkalinity

For those of you who enjoy reading scientific papers, you might find this paper of interest EFFECT OF ALKALINITY TYPE AND CONCENTRATION ON…

Started by Terri Mikkola

4 Jul 22, 2011
Reply by Terri Mikkola

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service