Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'nitrates' (9)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

High Nitrates NFT

I work in a restaurant that has a 800 gallon NFT aquaponics system inside the restaurant. We have been in operation for 4 years, and about…

Started by Rachel Schipull

0 Jul 25, 2018

Nitrates barely showing after two months?!

Hi everyone, I have started my system up about 2 months ago with both fish and plants. I obviously started registering ammonia immediately,…

Started by Karim Jundi

1 Jan 22, 2015
Reply by Safwat Zaki

PH & Nitrate Problem/Question

My PH is constantly dropping under the 5 mark in my API test.  I add PH Up and it will go up to 6.4 or 6.6 and then four hours later it is…

Started by R.K. Castillo

3 Aug 3, 2013
Reply by Keith Rowan

Trouble Shooting

Hello All, I'm new to aquaponics and a teacher. I have a small, flood-drain system for my classroom - 70 gallon growbed, 50 gallon tank. I…

Started by Paul Sommers

6 Jun 9, 2013
Reply by Vlad Jovanovic

Maxicrop And The Ever-Present Nitrates

Quick question for the community: Are there forms of nitrates or things that a water test would register as nitrates that cannot by cleaned…

Started by Alex Veidel

5 Jun 2, 2013
Reply by Alex Veidel

Fingerlings and Nitrates

I've got a problem. My little tilapia fingerlings have been dying off one at a time every since I put them in my tank. Lose about one or tw…

Started by Alex Veidel

2 Jan 31, 2013
Reply by Alex Veidel

System startup

Hi All, I'm trying to get my system through startup and I'm at a loss as to what is happening with the water chemisty.The overall water vo…

Started by Timothy P. Kelly

56 Jul 11, 2012
Reply by Timothy P. Kelly

Chemistry confusion

Hi all, I started fisheless cycling my 1100l system a few weeks ago. When I first put water in the system I treated the water with a pond…

Started by Eco Owl

4 Mar 10, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Growing algae on purpose.

Hi,  I was pondering the idea of having a algae farm replace some or all of my indoor growbeds. I dont really eat my veggies. That may chan…

Started by Daniel Driscoll

6 May 21, 2011
Reply by Rebecca B

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service