Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'levels' (9)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

High Nitrates NFT

I work in a restaurant that has a 800 gallon NFT aquaponics system inside the restaurant. We have been in operation for 4 years, and about…

Started by Rachel Schipull

0 Jul 25, 2018

Fishless cycling

Greetings All, I have been doing a fishless cycle on my IBC system for the last 13 days. Ammonia came down, nitrites went way up and I star…

Started by G. Michael Maynard

3 Jul 14, 2014
Reply by G. Michael Maynard

Saved for the day: a fish survival story…despite unexperienced owner

I am getting all set to build our first AP home system. In the meantime, I thought it would be a good idea to buy a traditional table top f…

Started by Carlos A. Gorricho

1 Apr 26, 2014
Reply by Favourite Aunt

Can my media type be the issue why I'm having trouble with a high PH

My PH stays around the 7.8 to 8.0. The media that is in the bed is limestone in one bed and large gravel in the other. Which I believe is c…

Started by Jimmy Bell

7 Sep 11, 2013
Reply by sally cummings

Maxicrop And The Ever-Present Nitrates

Quick question for the community: Are there forms of nitrates or things that a water test would register as nitrates that cannot by cleaned…

Started by Alex Veidel

5 Jun 2, 2013
Reply by Alex Veidel

Need assistance with startup cycle - lost on my chemicals :(

I have made my first attempt at a desktop setup, 20 gallon tank, doing a fishless cycle. No plants, no fish yet. Due to work schedule I've…

Started by Omaha Leland

3 Apr 15, 2013
Reply by Dan McGuire

What the perfect levels?

Can anyone tell me what the perfect levels for the pH, nitrates, nitrites,and ammonia are for an established system please?

Started by Stevie Martens

1 Jan 18, 2013
Reply by matthew ferrell

Whoops! Amonia mistake, What should I do?

I made a big mistake when I added ammonia   I was using the tester wrong and kept getting back 0 for ammonia and kept adding and adding amm…

Started by R.K. Castillo

11 Jan 3, 2013
Reply by Arvind Venkataraman

Increasing Ammonia levels

Recently we have begun noticing rising ammonia and nitrite levels and we cannot get them to go down. We have a fair number of established p…

Started by Dan Wulff

14 May 26, 2011
Reply by Richard Wyman

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service