Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'grow' (31)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Tilapia vs Yellow Perch for Breeding and Growth

I’m trying to decide whether to grow Tilapia or Yellow Perch in my future AP system. I need a better understanding of the breeding and grow…

Started by Patrick Roche

8 Sep 3, 2019
Reply by Jo James

Introducing the EZ - T Siphon

This is a new kind of siphon I developed this year. In my own biased opinion it is much easier to use than a bell siphon, just as reliable…

Started by Jonathan Kadish NYC AA Chair

23 Nov 14, 2018
Reply by paul burton

Camallanus worms

Does anyone know if there is any stage of a camallanus worm that can get into the grow beds?  My tropical freshwater community tank definit…

Started by Michelle Wilson

0 Aug 19, 2018

What do You use to adjust your pH?

I'm curious as to what people use to adjust the pH levels in their aquaponics systems?

Started by Katie D

48 Nov 18, 2017
Reply by Murray Hallam

Getting rid of caterpillars

I would appreciate ideas on how to get rid of caterpillars that have eaten down some cabbage and pak choi plants overnight, and are threate…

Started by Yvonne McCalla Sobers

6 Feb 11, 2016
Reply by Gilda Baise

Indestructible Pest proof off grid grow rooms

8 Ton transportable off grid grow room & Safe Room. curved walls allow light waves to bounce in multiple directions.  More at www.saf

Started by David Pressler

0 Feb 11, 2016

Adjusting water flow into grow beds and bell siphons

I have slowly been cycling my system since last October. I have a total of 5 grow beds but added them one at a time. Now that they are all…

Started by Deborah M Espie

45 Mar 10, 2015
Reply by Zach

Vertical Cucumber Growing

Looking for some ideas....What's your favorite way to grow cucumbers vertically?

Started by Alex Veidel

18 Nov 20, 2014
Reply by George

Sprout spacing after broadcasting seeds

Hi, I used the 'broadcasting seeds' method mentioned on the aquaponic source website to plant leaf lettuce a couple of weeks ago and the r…

Started by Carson Miller

3 Aug 18, 2014
Reply by Carson Miller

Dimension of grow bed

HI, As newbie I'm setting up a small home aquaponics system. After lots of reading (in Sylvia's book) I want to try a flood and drain syst…

Started by Bert

3 Aug 7, 2014
Reply by Jonathan Kadish NYC AA Chair

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service