Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'flood' (11)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Custom DIY systems made from wood palettes and liner

I've been working for the past month to design a bunch of CHOP2 systems that use cheap and readily available materials, but that also look…

Started by Averan

0 Jul 18, 2013

My tester system in freezing San Diego

Hello all!  Im new here and new to aquaponics.  Thought I would show off what I came up with for my first system.  I don't even have nitrit…

Started by HAYDUKE

12 Feb 2, 2013
Reply by HAYDUKE

Draining the fish tank

Hi All, I'm new to aquaponics and have not yet seen it in practice. I'm just wondering: when you drain the fish tank to flood the grow beds…

Started by Evelin Röshel

4 Dec 13, 2012
Reply by Evelin Röshel

Flood and Drain Cycle Timing

Hello, I am a newbie setting up my first system and I had a cycling time question, I have a 100 gallon system and a large pump, my flood an…

Started by Mario

4 Jul 18, 2012
Reply by RupertofOZ

Composting worms

Hi folks, I recently added 500 red composting worms to my beds. I was wondering if there is any maintenance I should be aware of with them?…

Started by Jeremy Wheaton

29 Jun 13, 2012
Reply by Steve Bradbury

Start of my AP project!

Hi All,   I have started cycling my first AP project today! Here are my parameters: - Indoor - 25 gallon fish tank with a 3.8 cu ft grow be…

Started by Julian Chawarski

4 May 7, 2012
Reply by Julian Chawarski

pipe widths for AP system, flood and drain

Hi, I am installing the flood and drain system now, and I wonder if I should be using 1 inch pipe (flexi?) to deliver the pumped water from…

Started by Tina Cresswell

5 Mar 22, 2012
Reply by Tina Cresswell

Timed siphon valve - automatically alternating between constant flood and flood & drain

Am I crazy or is this a crazy good idea?  :D I've been thinking of the many benefits to a constant-flood setup, but I also like flood &…

Started by Averan

36 Feb 28, 2012
Reply by Averan

Newbie looking for advice

Quick question. I recently purchased an ibc tote to make my first flood and drain system as found online. After some light reading through…

Started by jim west

2 Jan 16, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Most useful lighting for highschool greenhouse

The new greenhouse will soon be completed (15 x 57) not including a 15x57 "prep room" in the second floor of my high school. We are plannin…

Started by Aaron

20 Nov 27, 2011
Reply by Aaron

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service