Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'fish' (80)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Fish Food Fiasco

Well, I am about 2 weeks away from getting the first fish for my first AP system.  I have done some research on fish feed options, and it s…

Started by AJ Grottke

37 Nov 27, 2011
Reply by Ben Levi

Minimum tank depth?

Hi everyone! What is the minimum tank depth that people have successfully grown full size fish in? I'm looking at jade perch, but my 1200L…

Started by

3 Nov 21, 2011

Photo Contest!

We had such a great response to our request for pictures of at-home aquaponic systems, we decided to have a photo contest to find a backgro…

Started by Marianne Cufone

0 Nov 10, 2011

Automatically harvesting insects for fish food in real time from the local environment.... hmmm shall we?

In another thread Steve was talking about how he hangs a solar powered light above his fish tank to get the moths for his catfish and I rep…

Started by Daniel E Murphy

12 Aug 24, 2011
Reply by Christina Hersey

Dead Tilapia

I really should be smarter and keep a better record of everything. On July 7th I added chelated Iron to my system because the plants were l…

Started by Moses Greengrass

19 Aug 15, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

Are Koi good fish?

My little sister is getting married in about 2 months.  She wants a small pond with koi at the reception, and I have the honor of getting t…

Started by Rob C.

4 May 14, 2011
Reply by Johann

Publicity in Arkansas for Aquaponics and the Aquabundance

A local, NW Arkansas, magazine AtUrban ran an article in their March issue with a picture of the Aquabundance... http://www.aturbanmagazine

Started by Paul Van Lare

2 Mar 27, 2011
Reply by Harold Sukhbir

Vertical Farm in Milwaukee Moves Forward

Growing Power Will Allen, who has made Growing Power into a nationally-recognized organization is attempting to take the urban farming move…

Started by Janet Fox Driscoll

1 Jan 16, 2011
Reply by Chi Ma

Fish Poo Pavement and Media systems

Ok, not sure this is the best place for this but...So anyone ever notice how the gravel right under a constant flow single inlet to a sipho…

Started by TCLynx

9 Nov 4, 2010
Reply by TCLynx

Fish types

What are your favorite fish types? What are you growing with now?  What are the pros and cons you've discovered in working with different f…

Started by Sylvia Bernstein

63 Jun 3, 2010
Reply by Nate Storey

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service