Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'fish' (80)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Weird floating fungus(??) and dying goldfish

I have a mini vertical (stackable grow ups) with a 20 gallon basin full of water.  Up until a few weeks ago, I had a very healthy group of…

Started by Jaime Richards

16 Mar 20, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Why does the PH go down?

Hi the PH in the Fish Tank dropped suddenly to 4.5. The temperature in the poly tunnel has suddenly gone up to a max of 28 c, and I removed…

Started by Tina Cresswell

5 Mar 12, 2012
Reply by Tina Cresswell

Chemistry confusion

Hi all, I started fisheless cycling my 1100l system a few weeks ago. When I first put water in the system I treated the water with a pond…

Started by Eco Owl

4 Mar 10, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Fish problems

I just lost 3 tilapia yesterday, and one a couple days before that, out of about 25 in this tank. For the life of my I can't figure out why…

Started by Sylvia Bernstein

49 Feb 29, 2012
Reply by matthew ferrell

How Many Talapia Fingerlings

Hi All, My new system is up and cycling with my seeds just starting to sprout. Basic info: Tank: 1100 litres Growbeds: 4m2 System: Flo…

Started by Eco Owl

4 Feb 17, 2012
Reply by Eco Owl

Battery-operated air pumps

I'd be interested in hearing your experiences with battery-operated air pumps, both back-ups for power outages and portables for transporti…

Started by Shas Cho

1 Feb 15, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Aquaponics in Africa

Hi All, I am new to aquaponics. I have build a Flood and drain system using a 1100 liter tank which I sunk 2/3 into the ground and 4 Grow…

Started by Eco Owl

0 Feb 13, 2012

Fish Feed

Has anyone found a source of feed for their tilapia that doesn't have fish meal in it?  I"m not having any luck finding anything I consider…

Started by Sylvia Bernstein

106 Feb 7, 2012
Reply by George

My Fish Keep Dying

I have an indoor aquaponics system, this is my first, had it several months now.  Things seemed to be going great, plants really green and…

Started by Katie D

11 Feb 2, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Food quality related to nutrient dificiency signs?

I have recently started experiencing an interesting problem with my micro-nutrient balance in the micro system.  Since I started running th…

Started by Kobus Jooste

31 Dec 25, 2011
Reply by Diane Reilly

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service