Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'fish' (80)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

grow bed ratio

Just out of curiosity, is my sump tank a consideration that needs to be taken when determining the size of my grow bed or is it just the…

Started by Daniel Budfuloski

4 Oct 21, 2012
Reply by George

My System for now

I have been up and running for a few months now and it is doing well.  I have a 125 gallon fish pond, 50 gal flood tank, and 6 18 gal grow…

Started by deepblu505

10 Oct 5, 2012
Reply by George

FDA Fish and Fishery Products Hazards and Controls Guidance Fourth Edition November 2011

http://www.fda.gov/food/guidancecomplianceregulatoryinformation/guidancedocuments/seafood/fishandfisheriesproductshazardsandcontrolsguide/d

Started by Craig Mullins

0 Sep 19, 2012

concerning mosquitos

Greetings all... I have a question that has long bothered me about mosquitoes and aquaculture.   Mossies carry disease, right?  So shouldn…

Started by Chris

17 Sep 8, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Storing duckweed?

Greetings my name is John McShane. I am new to aquaponic. I feed my fish duckweed and not sure how much I will need this winter. what is th…

Started by John McShane

2 Aug 13, 2012
Reply by John McShane

Storing duckweed?

Greetings my name is John McShane. I am new to aquaponic. I feed my fish duckweed and not sure how much I will need this winter. what is th…

Started by John McShane

0 Aug 13, 2012

pH Mystery

I've had a lot of help with this from a question I posted on a recent photo upload, but now I think the discussion is getting to the size w…

Started by Amanda Plante

19 Aug 8, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Fish as Pest Predators?

Background: While I was on vacation, I had the chance to read Sylvia Bernstein's step-by-step guide to aquaponic gardening.  The pest contr…

Started by Amanda Plante

2 Aug 8, 2012
Reply by George

Moderating nitrites?

Hello, Aquapons, and thanks for all your help so far.  Now I find myself with a pressing problem – we just got fish, at long last (hooray!)…

Started by Melissa Rasmussen

7 Jul 26, 2012
Reply by Stuart Polkinghorne

Biochar as a Aquaponic Substrate

Hello Everyone, I'm new to the world of aquaponics and have been reading up on it for the past couple of days trying to finds ways to make…

Started by Raylard

15 Jul 12, 2012
Reply by Jim Hall

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service