Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'fish' (80)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How to build an indoor Aquaponic System

I wrote a couple of blog posts describing how I built my indoor Aquaponic system, and thought some of you might be interested in reading:ht…

Started by Daniel

3 Jun 26, 2013
Reply by Jon Parr

Hydrogen peroxide

I have read almost every post on this site (which I love, by the way).  I am totally new to the whole AP thing, but I have not seen a singl…

Started by Rob Jordan

2 Jun 13, 2013
Reply by wes

Special Sexing Tank

Many people suggest watching behavior of tilapia in order to sex them. This however presents problems  of having the ability to observe beh…

Started by Conrad Chin-Yee

0 May 22, 2013

Flex Seal for Fish Tank?

Was wondering what you guys thought about making a fish tank out of plywood and then coating the inside of it with Flex Seal (spray on rubb…

Started by R.K. Castillo

1 Apr 10, 2013
Reply by Bob Terrell

How can I tell female tilapia apart from the males.

Hello! I have a tank with 300 Mozambique and Blues cross 8 months old but haven't seen and sign of babies. I'm think about separating some…

Started by Josiah Sherman

0 Mar 28, 2013

ALGAE!!

Algae has overtaken the fish habitat of our aquaponic system! We are planning on purchasing a plecostomus with hopes that it will take care…

Started by Pacifica HS

33 Feb 28, 2013
Reply by Pacifica HS

Chickens and Aquaponics

I'd be interested to hear the community's thoughts on raising fish on poultry waste (or as a supplement). I'm under the impression that thi…

Started by Alex Veidel

8 Feb 4, 2013
Reply by Alex Veidel

Fingerlings and Nitrates

I've got a problem. My little tilapia fingerlings have been dying off one at a time every since I put them in my tank. Lose about one or tw…

Started by Alex Veidel

2 Jan 31, 2013
Reply by Alex Veidel

Draining the fish tank

Hi All, I'm new to aquaponics and have not yet seen it in practice. I'm just wondering: when you drain the fish tank to flood the grow beds…

Started by Evelin Röshel

4 Dec 13, 2012
Reply by Evelin Röshel

Thrifty Bare-Bones Home System

Hello All, For the past year I've been thrilled to work on a building and maintaining a medium-sized aquaponic system at a local high scho…

Started by Amanda Plante

11 Nov 14, 2012
Reply by Amanda Plante

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service