Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'drain' (17)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

My grow bed is clogging up!

Our system is healthy and the pH, ammonia etc. are all good, but between the roots and solids in it, our grow bed is very slow to drain and…

Started by Annalise Ozols

4 Jul 9, 2014
Reply by Annalise Ozols

Bell Siphon System

Hello all... So, I just finished my first bell siphon and have started testing it out and messing with some different variables.  Right no…

Started by CJ Dates

7 Jun 27, 2014
Reply by Jonathan Kadish NYC AA Chair

Check valve with drain?

I'm looking for a valve that will allow water to flow in only one direction, like a check valve, but will when water flows back the other d…

Started by Jeremiah Robinson

4 Sep 22, 2013
Reply by Steven Sumrow

Custom DIY systems made from wood palettes and liner

I've been working for the past month to design a bunch of CHOP2 systems that use cheap and readily available materials, but that also look…

Started by Averan

0 Jul 18, 2013

Moth flies, also called 'drain' or 'sewer' flies

I took advantage of some free surplus seedlings on Craigslist this summer (tomato and red peppers) and ended up with some hitchhiker moth f…

Started by Jon Parr

9 Mar 8, 2013
Reply by Vlad Jovanovic

My tester system in freezing San Diego

Hello all!  Im new here and new to aquaponics.  Thought I would show off what I came up with for my first system.  I don't even have nitrit…

Started by HAYDUKE

12 Feb 2, 2013
Reply by HAYDUKE

Draining the fish tank

Hi All, I'm new to aquaponics and have not yet seen it in practice. I'm just wondering: when you drain the fish tank to flood the grow beds…

Started by Evelin Röshel

4 Dec 13, 2012
Reply by Evelin Röshel

Bell siphon drain rate?

Hi, I'm assembling an aquaponics system using half-barrels and Affnan-style mini bell siphons (3/4" to 1-1/4" pipe).  I have read that each…

Started by Eric T

2 Aug 26, 2012
Reply by Eric T

Flood and Drain Cycle Timing

Hello, I am a newbie setting up my first system and I had a cycling time question, I have a 100 gallon system and a large pump, my flood an…

Started by Mario

4 Jul 18, 2012
Reply by RupertofOZ

Composting worms

Hi folks, I recently added 500 red composting worms to my beds. I was wondering if there is any maintenance I should be aware of with them?…

Started by Jeremy Wheaton

29 Jun 13, 2012
Reply by Steve Bradbury

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service