Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'cycling' (23)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What's this White Stuff?

I've been cycling my system and the last couple of days this white stuff has showed up all over the grow media.   What is it?

Started by R.K. Castillo

28 Mar 9, 2013
Reply by Vlad Jovanovic

Mechanically alternating water flow to my grow beds

Hey Everyone, I have set up my system and it contains a couple of unique features.  One of the problems that AP growers face is that if yo…

Started by James Rubasch

2 Feb 25, 2013
Reply by Jon Parr

Plant Growth and System Cycling

These pictures are from a system that I am cycling. The water's pH is 8.2-8.5. The seedlings are less than two weeks old and have received…

Started by Vlad Jovanovic

8 Feb 24, 2013
Reply by Vlad Jovanovic

First Time "Cycling"

Hello, I am new to AP as well as this site. I have my system set up and tested. I have everything except for seeds and fish. I need to "cy…

Started by m4gaujan

7 Feb 20, 2013
Reply by m4gaujan

The Stank Farm

Aloha, I'm just getting into Aquaponics and this is my first experiment.  I am running a 20 gallon fish tank (FT) and a 21.5 gallon grow be…

Started by Keith Barkwood

86 Feb 4, 2013
Reply by Keith Barkwood

Whoops! Amonia mistake, What should I do?

I made a big mistake when I added ammonia   I was using the tester wrong and kept getting back 0 for ammonia and kept adding and adding amm…

Started by R.K. Castillo

11 Jan 3, 2013
Reply by Arvind Venkataraman

Dry Granule Fertilizer and Urea for Fishless Cycling?

Hello everyone! I have been reading a lot on Aquaponics and just a few weeks ago finally decided to start my own system and i have some q…

Started by Jameson Haw

5 Sep 18, 2012
Reply by RupertofOZ

Flood and Drain Cycle Timing

Hello, I am a newbie setting up my first system and I had a cycling time question, I have a 100 gallon system and a large pump, my flood an…

Started by Mario

4 Jul 18, 2012
Reply by RupertofOZ

System startup

Hi All, I'm trying to get my system through startup and I'm at a loss as to what is happening with the water chemisty.The overall water vo…

Started by Timothy P. Kelly

56 Jul 11, 2012
Reply by Timothy P. Kelly

fish food

I've just finished cycling my system and I'm about to pick up some simple goldfish...  something that i can kind of practice my aquaponic…

Started by Daniel Budfuloski

3 May 23, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service