Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'cycling' (23)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How do you cycle?

I just noticed that with all the topics we have going, none are about the most mystifying topic of all - cycling your system.  How did you…

Started by Sylvia Bernstein

99 Jul 19, 2018
Reply by Dale Parker

System shut down for three months but wondering if I need to cycle it again

I'm restarting my aquaponics system (I live in the FL Keys) and wonder if I need to cycle it again. I added ammonia three times but no ammo…

Started by Michael Welber

10 Sep 27, 2016
Reply by Michael Welber

Cycling status - need some feedback

Some information about my IBC based system  Fish Tank = 175 gallons Grow Bed = 80 gallons with automatic siphon working well. 1/2" tube wi…

Started by Khanaponics

27 Apr 27, 2016
Reply by Khanaponics

interpreting the cycling data

Hi all, I am going to start out by saying that I totally get the theory of aquaponics and the ammonia being converted to nitrites by bacter…

Started by Allie Wilson

6 Jul 20, 2015
Reply by Jeff S

Using bio balls instead of bio filter andl Cycling

Hello! I am setting up  a small system in my basement. I have a 4 ft x 4ft grow space and 100 gallon fish tank. I was going to put bioballs…

Started by Kt

6 Feb 12, 2015
Reply by Kt

Water Issues for New System: Mystery of the sinking pH!

Hello All, Every expert started as a beginner, so here I go.... I am helping to start a new AP system at a high school in southwestern Oh…

Started by True

10 Oct 22, 2014
Reply by Alex Veidel

Fishless Cycle, high nitrites

I'm fishless cycling, on day 31 today. My nitrites have been 5+ since day 11 (showed up day 7), so they have been off the charts for 20 day…

Started by Neely Anderson

11 Apr 2, 2014
Reply by Hank Paloci

Bed timing keeps changing

Hi,  we have three grow beds with one sump.  We originally had them set up to each fill at a different time, twice an hour.  This worked gr…

Started by Adina Conroy

6 Mar 24, 2014
Reply by Adina Conroy

New aquaponic system finally set up!

Hi all -   Since I received help from several of you here on the forum I thought I would post a link to a video introduction of my mostly c…

Started by Daniel

4 Jun 12, 2013
Reply by Daniel

sharing cycled water and media with a new system

I have a system doing well in my basement, beans starting, and my first pea blossom. Lettuce is really starting to take off, but things are…

Started by ods

3 May 29, 2013
Reply by ods

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service