Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'bed' (19)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Fill drain times

I have a 30 gal tank.2 50 lt. Grow beds.the fill time is 5-6 min. Any advice? Is this too fast or is it good? Thanks

Started by pierre roy

2 Jun 9, 2014
Reply by pierre roy

Transplant Shock In Media Beds

I've seen a couple videos around youtube claiming that you can transplant vegetables from one area to another in an aquaponic media bed wit…

Started by Alex Veidel

2 Oct 6, 2013
Reply by George

what are the best dimensions for a wicking bed?

i am looking into building a wicking bed and i was wondering if anyone with experience on the subject had some advice. maybe experience wit…

Started by Odd Tree

0 Jan 7, 2013

Potassium as a water softener...ok?

Hi guys, I've finally cycled up my new AP system. I'm on a well out here in Montana, USA and have extremely hard water. We have dogs and ho…

Started by Jeremy Wheaton

1 Dec 18, 2012
Reply by Glenn Davis

grow bed ratio

Just out of curiosity, is my sump tank a consideration that needs to be taken when determining the size of my grow bed or is it just the…

Started by Daniel Budfuloski

4 Oct 21, 2012
Reply by George

Use Summer Escapes 59" Kid's Pool For Growbed

Has anyone used an 11” deep, 59” diameter kids pool form a grow bed? They’re $16.98 at Lowes: "Summer Escapes 59 Kid's Pool” and would make…

Started by Shean Smith

16 Jun 30, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Lettuce seed sprouts

Good morning All, So, I've read that some people when growing new plants, they just sprinkle the seeds on top of the grow beds and they go…

Started by Hugo

2 Dec 11, 2011
Reply by Katie D

Most useful lighting for highschool greenhouse

The new greenhouse will soon be completed (15 x 57) not including a 15x57 "prep room" in the second floor of my high school. We are plannin…

Started by Aaron

20 Nov 27, 2011
Reply by Aaron

Using Pumice

halloGlad to join this forum. Can anyone explain the use of pumice for  grow beds media. Because right now I use it on the advice of some…

Started by miko

21 Feb 3, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service