Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'bed' (19)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Introducing the EZ - T Siphon

This is a new kind of siphon I developed this year. In my own biased opinion it is much easier to use than a bell siphon, just as reliable…

Started by Jonathan Kadish NYC AA Chair

23 Nov 14, 2018
Reply by paul burton

Best varieties of lettuce?

What are the best varieties of lettuce for a raft bed this time of year? I'm about to finish a 288 sq. ft. raft and I want to plant the rig…

Started by Josiah Sherman

2 Oct 5, 2016
Reply by Josiah Sherman

Getting rid of caterpillars

I would appreciate ideas on how to get rid of caterpillars that have eaten down some cabbage and pak choi plants overnight, and are threate…

Started by Yvonne McCalla Sobers

6 Feb 11, 2016
Reply by Gilda Baise

My plants are not thriving... question about stagnation?

I am having trouble with poor progress of my garden. I have a continuous flow in a 30 gallon Rubbermaid bin. My plants are affixed in expan…

Started by Kimberly Alycia Vogel

0 May 9, 2015

Basil in Hydro media bed...

Hi all, I am in the process of designing a larger system based on Nelson & Pade/UVI but for now I had a Hydroponic dutch bucket system…

Started by Sean Schriver

2 May 4, 2015
Reply by Sean Schriver

Sprout spacing after broadcasting seeds

Hi, I used the 'broadcasting seeds' method mentioned on the aquaponic source website to plant leaf lettuce a couple of weeks ago and the r…

Started by Carson Miller

3 Aug 18, 2014
Reply by Carson Miller

Dimension of grow bed

HI, As newbie I'm setting up a small home aquaponics system. After lots of reading (in Sylvia's book) I want to try a flood and drain syst…

Started by Bert

3 Aug 7, 2014
Reply by Jonathan Kadish NYC AA Chair

Wooden Growbed Sealing/Suggestions

Hi, I've been working on a new aquaponic system and recently developed concerns regarding the seasonal swelling/shrinking of wood due to m…

Started by Carson Miller

9 Jul 28, 2014
Reply by Carson Miller

sand or gravel for wicking bed media

Hi all. I'm new to gardening in general, but am interested in using AP water in wicking beds (any advice would be greatly appreciated). I'm…

Started by David Davis

2 Jul 14, 2014
Reply by Eric schmidt

Help!! Using an Indexing valve to increase growing area without adding a sump.

I have a few 300 gallon systems that are a bit too overstocked with fish so they are always on the borderline of being out of balance. I ha…

Started by Mathew Slattery

6 Jul 14, 2014
Reply by Jeremiah Robinson

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service