Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'aquaponics' (95)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Backporch Aquaponics System

I put together a small system on my back porch.   Small growbed with a bucket that has the bell siphon in it that drains into a float bed…

Started by R.K. Castillo

0 Jan 22, 2013

What the perfect levels?

Can anyone tell me what the perfect levels for the pH, nitrates, nitrites,and ammonia are for an established system please?

Started by Stevie Martens

1 Jan 18, 2013
Reply by matthew ferrell

Plants

what do you have the most success growing?  what specific varieties to you recommend?  what should be avoided, in your opinion

Started by Sylvia Bernstein

78 Dec 27, 2012
Reply by John Cubit

Favorite Books?

I posted this discussion to the Green Acres Farming Course group. No replies, or even views for that matter for 2 weeks. So, I though I'd p…

Started by Alex Veidel

4 Dec 9, 2012
Reply by Roger Baldwin

New NFT Question

Hey guys! I took all your advice and was able to add the things you recommended.  I added two 5 gallon buckets as the grow beds and have it…

Started by R.K. Castillo

2 Nov 29, 2012
Reply by Rob Nash

Couple NFT Questions

Hey guys!  I am a newbie to aquaponics and decided to setup my first NFT system on my back porch.   Had a couple questions so I made a vide…

Started by R.K. Castillo

12 Nov 20, 2012
Reply by Daniel Budfuloski

My System for now

I have been up and running for a few months now and it is doing well.  I have a 125 gallon fish pond, 50 gal flood tank, and 6 18 gal grow…

Started by deepblu505

10 Oct 5, 2012
Reply by George

Cycle timing

If you are growing using Flood and Drain on a timer, how often to you cycle and for how long?  I think most of us use 15 minute interval ti…

Started by Sylvia Bernstein

82 Sep 17, 2012
Reply by Robert Pugh

Incorporating HAACP practices into a commercial business model

There is much discussion about HAACP practices and how they might be incorporated into aquaponic commercial operations.  While meat HACCP s…

Started by Gina Cavaliero

15 Sep 11, 2012
Reply by Craig Mullins

Fodder systems using Aquaponics- What are ideal conditions

H Hi everyone!   My name is Katie. I just started researching aquaponic system, and everything about it is so fascinating. I hope to start…

Started by Katie S

3 Aug 19, 2012
Reply by jim mckee

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service