Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'aquaponics' (95)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

3 Barrel System

Hey guys!! So, first off let me go ahead and say this;  DISCLAIMER:: I started out with a manual I found on BYAP and modified the mess ou…

Started by Samantha Burrell

2 Aug 20, 2013
Reply by Samantha Burrell

What Makes Aquaponics "Tick"?

So, I've been reading a book on hydroponics. The author is explaining how in soil gardening, organic matter present in the soil needs to be…

Started by Alex Veidel

1 Aug 8, 2013
Reply by Jonathan Kadish NYC AA Chair

AP System from a Pond?

I recently stayed with a friend in Brazil who has a big property right next to the rain forest with 3 ponds of Artesian Water.   Would pump…

Started by R.K. Castillo

1 Jul 30, 2013
Reply by KlaHaYa Gardens

How to build an indoor Aquaponic System

I wrote a couple of blog posts describing how I built my indoor Aquaponic system, and thought some of you might be interested in reading:ht…

Started by Daniel

3 Jun 26, 2013
Reply by Jon Parr

Aquaponics Non Electric Pump Prototype

I've been trying to design an aquaponics pump that runs without electricity and I came up with this design.  I nearly had it working until…

Started by R.K. Castillo

9 Jun 12, 2013
Reply by Keith Langdon

Black Soldier Fly Larva

I can't grow BSFL because we are a zone 4/5 - they just aren't native here - but I love the concept and they sound like both awesome compos…

Started by Sylvia Bernstein

52 May 23, 2013
Reply by Pat James

How can I filter the Fish Waste in this little system?

I made a small kitchen aquaponics system and I am wondering how do I filter the fish waste in this little thing?  http://www.youtube.com/w

Started by R.K. Castillo

18 May 9, 2013
Reply by R.K. Castillo

Worms!

There has been some (much?) chatter on other AP forums about using redworms in your media beds to "process" your solids.  I love this idea!…

Started by Sylvia Bernstein

124 Mar 26, 2013
Reply by TCLynx

ALGAE!!

Algae has overtaken the fish habitat of our aquaponic system! We are planning on purchasing a plecostomus with hopes that it will take care…

Started by Pacifica HS

33 Feb 28, 2013
Reply by Pacifica HS

Tomatoes' leaves-Brown Spots

We started our system in November. The plants have been thriving up until recently when we began noticing brown spots on many of the tomato…

Started by Pacifica HS

0 Feb 21, 2013

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service