Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'ammonia' (11)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Alternative Filtering Idea?

I have a heavily stocked IBC tank with 2 media IBC GBs and 1 IBC DWC bed. I have increased the feed rate to the fish for faster growth and…

Started by Jeff S

6 Aug 25, 2015
Reply by George

Nitrates barely showing after two months?!

Hi everyone, I have started my system up about 2 months ago with both fish and plants. I obviously started registering ammonia immediately,…

Started by Karim Jundi

1 Jan 22, 2015
Reply by Safwat Zaki

Saved for the day: a fish survival story…despite unexperienced owner

I am getting all set to build our first AP home system. In the meantime, I thought it would be a good idea to buy a traditional table top f…

Started by Carlos A. Gorricho

1 Apr 26, 2014
Reply by Favourite Aunt

Lowering Ammonia

Hi everyone, I am currently using fish-less cycling on my aquaponics and I'm on day16.  On day 12 I got a nice helping of filter water fro…

Started by Suzanne Hayes

17 Dec 2, 2013
Reply by DaveTPilot

what kind of ammonia can I use to cycle with

I've set a simple ibc system about two months ago, all the plumbing works perfect, I'm using pea gravel, plants are growing like weeds, but…

Started by David Ries

9 Jul 16, 2013
Reply by Harold Sukhbir

What the perfect levels?

Can anyone tell me what the perfect levels for the pH, nitrates, nitrites,and ammonia are for an established system please?

Started by Stevie Martens

1 Jan 18, 2013
Reply by matthew ferrell

Whoops! Amonia mistake, What should I do?

I made a big mistake when I added ammonia   I was using the tester wrong and kept getting back 0 for ammonia and kept adding and adding amm…

Started by R.K. Castillo

11 Jan 3, 2013
Reply by Arvind Venkataraman

System startup

Hi All, I'm trying to get my system through startup and I'm at a loss as to what is happening with the water chemisty.The overall water vo…

Started by Timothy P. Kelly

56 Jul 11, 2012
Reply by Timothy P. Kelly

Chemistry confusion

Hi all, I started fisheless cycling my 1100l system a few weeks ago. When I first put water in the system I treated the water with a pond…

Started by Eco Owl

4 Mar 10, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Nitrification and Alkalinity

For those of you who enjoy reading scientific papers, you might find this paper of interest EFFECT OF ALKALINITY TYPE AND CONCENTRATION ON…

Started by Terri Mikkola

4 Jul 22, 2011
Reply by Terri Mikkola

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service