Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'PH' (10)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Raising Carbonates without raising PH

Hello, I am just starting my flood and drain system. My system cycled, and I added some gold fish to start with. My PH was 6.8. Ammonia 0,…

Started by Richard Kowalski

24 Jan 20, 2016
Reply by Alex Veidel

Fishless cycling

Greetings All, I have been doing a fishless cycle on my IBC system for the last 13 days. Ammonia came down, nitrites went way up and I star…

Started by G. Michael Maynard

3 Jul 14, 2014
Reply by G. Michael Maynard

PH, Algae, Plant Observations

I have an IBC with hundreds of fish and 2- 45 gallon aquariums with grow beds. My IBC runs like clockwork with the only issue (which I leav…

Started by Jeff S

9 Jul 1, 2014
Reply by Alex Veidel

PH Help.

Ok, I am on a water well with hard water. My PH is 8.4. I have cycled my (extremely) small system with a fish and everything seems healthy.…

Started by Noa Villela

5 Sep 12, 2013
Reply by Mark Hall

Can my media type be the issue why I'm having trouble with a high PH

My PH stays around the 7.8 to 8.0. The media that is in the bed is limestone in one bed and large gravel in the other. Which I believe is c…

Started by Jimmy Bell

7 Sep 11, 2013
Reply by sally cummings

First System: Recycled and Aesthetic

I have been running this new system for 3 months and all is going well.  This system is made of recycled materials and hosts 11 koi fish an…

Started by Guru Das C Bock

3 Nov 29, 2012
Reply by Guru Das C Bock

Testing for Iron, Magnesium and Calcium

Hello all. I don't know if I am over anylizing my water but I am in the middle of a fishless cycle (about 1 week into it) and my plants are…

Started by Brandon nardoianni

1 Jul 18, 2012
Reply by Keith Rowan

Natural ways to bring down PH

Hey Everyone, Does Lemon juice work to reduce PH in a system? I bought some rock wool to start some lettuce seeds and the back of the pack…

Started by Adam Garrett-Clark

62 May 13, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Hello AGC from eastern Oregon

Started by Wayne Condit

5 Apr 5, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Why does the PH go down?

Hi the PH in the Fish Tank dropped suddenly to 4.5. The temperature in the poly tunnel has suddenly gone up to a max of 28 c, and I removed…

Started by Tina Cresswell

5 Mar 12, 2012
Reply by Tina Cresswell

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service