Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'IBC' (16)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Can I Use Reverse Osmosis Filter Waste Water -- that's been through a water softener?

I live in NW Iowa where the water is really hard at 38-40gpg. The pH is 7.5 and TDS is 500ppm mainly from calcium. (CH=800+ppm, KH=250+ppm.…

Started by Dan Knauss

3 Oct 16, 2015
Reply by Jim Fisk

First system, lots of questions

Discovering aquaponics has been an interesting journey for us. I started discussing it with my hubby as a way for us to cut the grocery bil…

Started by Rhonda Hoover

7 Jul 30, 2015
Reply by Jeff S

Tilapia or Trout, Heated garage or not.

Hello Everyone, I live in Virginia and the winter get pretty cool and the summers get pretty warm. During the spring and fall if you dont l…

Started by FnY Farms

9 Feb 1, 2015
Reply by Johann

My First System

Hello all, I am researching and planning to build my first aquaponics system. I have to say I am totally addicted already to the idea of aq…

Started by Chris Blanco

12 Dec 17, 2014
Reply by Chris Blanco

Fort Lauderdale Aquaponics

Hello from Ft.Lauderdale. After 2 years of reading, planning and saving, I finally built my system. I read Sylvia's book, IBC's of Aqua…

Started by Kelly Boyle

5 Jul 9, 2014
Reply by George

Catching Fish In IBC

What is the best way to catch tilapia in an IBC?

Started by Conrad Chin-Yee

22 Dec 11, 2013
Reply by Pat James

Feed Training of Baby Tilapia

I am training my baby tilapias to eat homemade dough balls so when they are grown they can be caught with a fishing pole with a hook throug…

Started by Conrad Chin-Yee

3 Jul 2, 2013
Reply by Conrad Chin-Yee

Tilapia in outdoor systems

Out of an abundance of enthusiasm I got a 250gal. IBC tote system set up in the backyard, planted a bunch of plants, and got it cycling wit…

Started by Marshall Smith

6 May 16, 2013
Reply by Nathan Harben

Help With Dropping pH

Hello all, I am hoping someone can help me troubleshoot the problem I’m having with dropping pH.  The weird thing about this is it seems to…

Started by Steven M

9 Dec 6, 2012
Reply by Vlad Jovanovic

IBC question

I've been offered a great deal on 3 IBC totes.  All three for $100. When asked what was shipped in them the seller told me "the soap they u…

Started by Bobby McGovern

19 Oct 4, 2012
Reply by John Cubit

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service