Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Water Topics (337)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Cycling the System

So far the system has been cycling for nearly 2 weeks.  At the start the pH was 8.2 which is what my tap water pH is. The ammonia levels we…

Started by Jeremy Day

8 Apr 15, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

Mechanical removal of fish waste or pumping fish waste into growing beds ?

What is better, removing fish waste with a mechanical filter or draining it and put it in your garden or pumping the fish waste into the gr…

Started by Johann

1 Apr 15, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

Gray water into AP

Just finished plumbing my gray water filter into grow bed, tested on small system OK,  pretty basic but functional.  We're in dry season…

Started by Pete I

15 Apr 3, 2011
Reply by Aaron

Quest for ultimate water test

Going to start AP system shortly and need to find out EVERYTHING in the Public water before fish/plants show up. Anybody have any history /…

Started by Aaron

4 Mar 13, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

Water questions

I bought a test kit and my water showed medium ammonia and I have trates of nitrite and nitrate. But I have a 7.2 ph but I have a high alka…

Started by Benjamin

9 Mar 7, 2011
Reply by Benjamin

Filthy Water

I was all excited about the water in my tank becoming crystal clear a few days after I added the fish and it got all stirred up and murky.…

Started by Xavier Johnston

8 Mar 3, 2011
Reply by Harold Sukhbir

Anyone used potassium bicarbonate before?

I have been looking for a safe chemical to lift my alkalinity above rain water levels (need too much lime for this).  I have narrowed the l…

Started by Kobus Jooste

9 Feb 26, 2011
Reply by RupertofOZ

growing medium

I've been using wha we call shell rock. It is shells and fossils. it was working well untill the end of the summer. the tank water got very…

Started by Matt Rosso

5 Feb 21, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

solar pool heaters

Anyone have experience with these? The discussion was closed for further posting,  but I just noticed a thread where someone posted about t…

Started by Michelle Silva

0 Feb 6, 2011

Clouded or dark water

My water was pretty clear for a while, and now both tanks are pretty cloudy or dark enough that I cant see my fish. The plants are fine, an…

Started by dano

9 Jan 27, 2011
Reply by Adam Shivers

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service