Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Water Topics (337)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Nitrite/nitrate levels too high

I have goldfish in a 90 gallon tank.  Each day I find a couple dead.  I have checked the nitrate and nitrite levels daily.  They have climb…

Started by Brian Hillestad

7 Jun 2, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

Benneficial bacteria

Benneficial bacteria is somewhat of a mystery to me. The only thing i realy know about it is that when a system has a good colonizat…

Started by Pierre Riche

11 May 31, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

Water source

I have 2 options to start my AP system:   1.  Well water with higher acidity 2.  Public water source (certainly with chemicals)   Any sugge…

Started by Brian Hillestad

13 May 22, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

Test Results

Forgive me if this has already been asked but I didn't find anything in the search. I did a test of my water today and while the pH is a li…

Started by Windy Elliott

3 May 20, 2011
Reply by Windy Elliott

How to flood keramzit into the water

Dear all   Thank you for viewing my post!   I have a greenhouse which holds about 150 ton water and I placed a lot of keramzit right around…

Started by Munkh-Ochir Jamsran

10 May 15, 2011
Reply by Johann

Any of you use Indian Almond Leaves?

I use it as a tonic for my aquarium fish. It lowers the pH slightly and provides tea colored water which helps with algae control.   Here i…

Started by Chi Ma

9 May 12, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

Basic solar heating for a small system

Hi All   As it is getting into winter here, I am playing with an idea for solar heating that I thought of a few months ago.  It may not hel…

Started by Kobus Jooste

21 May 9, 2011
Reply by Kobus Jooste

Be patient with water chemistry

I have noticed a number of discussions lately, and have experienced my own experiments going in the same directions sometimes - a bit too m…

Started by Kobus Jooste

22 May 5, 2011
Reply by Izzy

API master water test kit or electronic tester for PH

If you saw my other post in the system cycling section you can see I have been fighting high PH in my system while cycling. I have been tes…

Started by Steve Federwisch

7 May 1, 2011
Reply by Izzy

Chloramine removal liquid?

I set up my aquaponic system and used a liquid agent to remove the chloramine in my water. Someone had mentioned to me that, if you have ed…

Started by steven baxter

4 Apr 28, 2011
Reply by steven baxter

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service