Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Water Topics (337)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Dirt in my tank

How come there is dirt in my tank which is brown? Is it from the river rock that I put in (had dirt on it) or has it grown there?

Started by Allen Jiang

46 Jan 16, 2012
Reply by Allen Jiang

Water test kit

I am going to order an API freshwater test kit.   To make cost reasonable I plan to order multiple kits. How many people can I get to commi…

Started by Mark

0 Jan 13, 2012

Dissovled oxygen -> Looking for a meter to measure it or testing method.

Well, I am in search of an meter to measure oxygen in the tank.    Does anyone out there have one of these meters, and can they recommend o…

Started by halemart

13 Jan 13, 2012
Reply by Rik Kretzinger

Cleaning new stock tank

What's the best way to clean out my new stock tank? I've used vinegar before and rinsed well. is there a problem with that?

Started by Adam Shivers

10 Jan 9, 2012
Reply by Adam Shivers

chloramine

Hi All Brand new to AP and to this site, this site is chock full of info, thank you! I put my system together yesterday 40 gallon tub for…

Started by Mark

26 Jan 6, 2012
Reply by Mark

Pasteurization And Using AP Water In Soil

Greetings - our N and P system requires that we remove up to five gallons of water per day. Generally we add to beds or trees so as not to…

Started by bleu and em (New Urban Farmers)

2 Jan 3, 2012
Reply by bleu and em (New Urban Farmers)

Water Problem

Good Morning All! I live in Indiana and it's cold and the amount of natural sunlight during our winter months is about half. I've grow hydr…

Started by Michael J. Tompkins

3 Jan 1, 2012
Reply by Dave Lindstedt

High Ammonia and Alkalinity

I have had my fish for 2 1/2 weeks now.  My Ammonia is 4.0 and my alkalinity is 240.  Is this going to level out or do I need to add someth…

Started by Benicia Bendele

16 Dec 27, 2011
Reply by RupertofOZ

Brownish water a problem?

I pumped the rain water of the top of my pool and into my IBC fish tank... about 230 gallons at about 54 degrees F.  The problem is that th…

Started by Jim S.

3 Dec 26, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

Using soft water in my aquaponic system

I am trying to finalize a design for my system to have it up and running early spring.  We have well water with plenty of iron, and we use…

Started by Kim Dunn

3 Dec 23, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service